Pepsi to Introduce Colachup (Ketchup Infused With Cola) on the 4th of July

Keyser_Soze

Pepsi-BWP-Hot-Dogs-mc-230629-6e95c5.jpg
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

People on Twitter had some strong reactions to the new offering, with many giving the seal of approval.

“Pepsi has long been part of American culture and its cool crisp taste has been a favorite beverage choice for generations of Americans. We have always known that hot dogs taste better with Pepsi, and now the experts think so too,” Jenny Danzi, senior director, Pepsi TM, said in a press release.

“We invented Pepsi Colachup to reinforce just how well hot dogs and Pepsi go together — an unapologetically mouthwatering creation that seamlessly merges a condiment with the ultimate hot dog pairing beverage, delivering a unified taste experience,” she added.

“The concept is both simple and creative. The distinctive flavors and vibrant citrus blend of Pepsi enhances the bright and tangy characteristics of ketchup, offsetting the smokiness of the hot dog,” said David Kamen, director of client experience for CIA Consulting. “It’s a whole new way to enjoy two American classics!”

• Sad 1

Yeah don't get me wrong, I'd definitely try it if given the opportunity. But I'm deeply skeptical of its need to exist. :p 

I also shook my head when I read the verbal diarrhea of their marketing team in the OP. I wish I got paid as well as they undoubtedly do to write such nonsense. :silly:

• True 1