Here's a free one for cinemas

unogueen

Fuck the movie preroll. What if the movie marquees also showed the upcoming film trailers instead of disrupting paying customers. I mean movie trailers are one of the rare commercials people enjoy. Bring it to the front so people know the slate ahead no matter what. Also the gives the homeless something to watch. Win win win.

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I love when they call you a fake nigga when your ask them to leave or when they fake a heart attack so they can get an ambulance to take them somewhere.

I personally enjoy the threats of violence or acts of when they get upset that you don’t give them shit for free. 

7 hours ago, Captain Pickle said:

Well this stupid thread took a turn down even stupider lane

👍

the end

but super interested what those who don’t deal with this population have to say about them!

I legit just spoke to the investigator two days ago about the most recent attack I dealt with prior to my loa. But speaking of stupid. Dumb ass charged my coworker took a swing at me, he made a poor life choice in that moment. And yeah he got dropped and I’m pressing charges. Guess how many active criminal cases I have out against members of our unhoused population? Shit they threaten me I call PD now. 

15 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

👍

the end

but super interested what those who don’t deal with this population have to say about them!

I legit just spoke to the investigator two days ago about the most recent attack I dealt with. My heart breaks.

Fair nuff. Although, my wife used to work with them and had nothing bad to say. However, she work with them in a positive setting

20 minutes ago, Captain Pickle said:

Fair nuff. Although, my wife used to work with them and had nothing bad to say. However, she work with them in a positive setting

I’m my entire career at the bedside, the overwhelming majority of the acts of violence have been committed by a certain patient population. The last one was because he didn’t get food fast enough. Nowhere else is this shit acceptable. They get only what I lm legally required to give them now and I ride that line hard. Law says food at discharge, doesn’t say how much, one saltine is food.

1 minute ago, Captain Pickle said:

Possibly accurate 

Nah

I own everything I’ve said, wanna hear about how I crushed a saltine packet and tossed at one of these people at discharge after he threatened to rape my gf. I’ve got stories.

2 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Nah

I own everything I’ve said, wanna hear about how I crushed a saltine packet and tossed at one of these people at discharge after he threatened to rape my gf. I’ve got stories.

I wasn't talking about you TUF guy. :p

3 hours ago, Captain Pickle said:

You live in Canada though.

I've encountered a wide range of homeless people and I agree you shouldn't cast a net over all of them.

1. Homeless people on the verge of death: I've met a couple of these ones, they always say a doctor says they won't live past a year or something and then I never see them again. I had one guy who said he wanted commit suicide because he was going to die and he couldn't do skateboard tricks. I even gave him my phone to talk to his wife. He was just distraught telling me he wanted to see his daughter graduate which would be like in 3 years then said he didn't have a year to live.

2. Violent homeless people: These guys are actually looking to hurt you because they want the cops to show up. I told a guy he couldn't be in an area and he said he would kill me with a rock. I said I'd call the police and he sat around and waited for them to show up. He was like a dude from Missouri who just came to California for whatever reason got kicked out of the house or something.

3. Legit homeless but decline help. This lady came in with no shoes and I had an extra pair of shoes I said she could have and she asked, "are they expensive?" but beyond that didn't care about having shoes. There are some nice philosophical homeless people. A guy said, "The difference between homeless people and other people is that homeless people don't have a home." When you put it that way 🤔

4. No common sense: I had a guy come back every night for like a week and eventually had to call the police because he just couldn't fathom that you can't just sleep overnight in the corner of a hotel lobby.

Then as I said before the injury fakers.

Now I'm not saying these people don't deserve help or remorse but as for a place of business goes having them around is a nuisance.

58 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

So all of the above, to

me, show how poor globally mental health services (and funding) are. 

Indeed. They do have mental problems and the biggest problem is they mentally don't think they need help so it's difficult to help out unwilling people.

• Like 1
  • True 1

55 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Indeed. They do have mental problems and the biggest problem is they mentally don't think they need help so it's difficult to help out unwilling people.

Well that’s mental health. Without support and guidance, you can’t reflect to understand that things aren’t OK and that they could be better. Again, the lack of funding for a key service that if funded properly, would reduce the pressure on the public sector massively. 

8 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

Well that’s mental health. Without support and guidance, you can’t reflect to understand that things aren’t OK and that they could be better. Again, the lack of funding for a key service that if funded properly, would reduce the pressure on the public sector massively. 

My wife was on a project that gave homeless people with mental illness and drug addiction a home and found that it saved a bunch of money simply from removing the strain on ER in hospitals.

• True 2

13 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

So all of the above, to

me, show how poor globally mental health services (and funding) are. 

This is true, but it’s more involved than that. Go to an Arby’s and threaten to rape the cashier. Wonder what’s gonna happen, mental illness isn’t an excuse for this shit.

more stories, meth freak hit me, I just laughed cause really hit like a bitch, hit my gf in the face, I choked this mother fucker out, it took two nurses and two security guards to pull me off. Imagine if the display of violence was dealt with the first time, like an Arby’s. We’re the only people expected to deal with this shit as “part of the job.”

• True 1

11 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

ITT I need to teach a class that violence to healthcare workers is bad 😂

Oh how bout this!

another one of these “unhoused addict victims” stalked one of my best friends, he’d follow her and say shit while she walked to work, follow her to her apartment. For fucking weeks, she told me and another coworker about it when he showed up one day asking for her by name. 

This other guy was a former d1 olb, bigger than me but I’m more aesthetic, this pos got to experience two 6’1+ guys threatening him to his face.

When he finally came back over a year later this pos was unfortunate enough to get me as his nurse. He immediately recanted his SI to get discharged because he remembered the riot act he got from me and he asked for things, I gave him only the legal requirement.

maybe he didn’t know stalking was wrong, he needs a class I’m sure.

15 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

ITT I need to teach a class that violence to healthcare workers is bad 😂

I think my point is less about using mental health as an excuse for poor behaviour, but really being in a place where a person has support when they needed it most (say in early

childhood or teenage years) when it will have the most impact and the most chance to offer positive change. 

I just reflect in the UK on the fact that we have a huge wave of children under 10 that need (or parents and families) need support to manage their mental health successfully - which sadly doesn’t happen/lacks capacity to happen, which in turn, leads to more difficulties further down the line. 

To actually unpick my views on this would be a stupidly long (more so) discussion on my political beliefs…and I don’t think a unoqueen thread is the right place for that! 🤪

28 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

I think my point is less about using mental health as an excuse for poor behaviour, but really being in a place where a person has support when they needed it most (say in early

childhood or teenage years) when it will have the most impact and the most chance to offer positive change. 

I just reflect in the UK on the fact that we have a huge wave of children under 10 that need (or parents and families) need support to manage their mental health successfully - which sadly doesn’t happen/lacks capacity to happen, which in turn, leads to more difficulties further down the line. 

To actually unpick my views on this would be a stupidly long (more so) discussion on my political beliefs…and I don’t think a unoqueen thread is the right place for that! 🤪

The fortune cookie from hell should always be ignored lol

i also refuse to allow mental health to be a catch all for anti Social behavior 

but you’re not wrong, before I left fire suppression I remembered this, the best way to fight fire is to prevent it. But I won’t  accept the fire either.

edit; at some point you put the fire out while preventing other fires from starting.

But I refuse to make excuses for these people.

I remember when a homeless guy we had on med surg for like 2 months threw a plate at the PCT when she was emptying his urostomy. Just missed her head and shattered against the wall. These are the heavy ceramic plates. Police were called and he claimed she hit him. Piece of shit. He also refused to bathe and his urostomy was constantly leaking. Took forever to get the stench from the room. 

It’s easy to be sympathetic when you don’t work with these people and aren’t taking the abuse from them. 

5 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I remember when a homeless guy we had on med surg for like 2 months threw a plate at the PCT when she was emptying his urostomy. Just missed her head and shattered against the wall. These are the heavy ceramic plates. Police were called and he claimed she hit him. Piece of shit. He also refused to bathe and his urostomy was constantly leaking. Took forever to get the stench from the room. 

It’s easy to be sympathetic when you don’t work with these people and aren’t taking the abuse from them. 

He is clearly a victim and we’re the problem.

13 minutes ago, stepee said:

I also think a giant vat of donkey piss in the middle would be a good addition to theaters so that when you bring your donkey it can take a piss without feeling self conscious 

While my donkey runs the barn!

• Hype 1