Three New Star Wars Movies Announced

15 hours ago, Brick said:

I take it they weren't well recieved by fans of the books they were in? 

The overall intent for the NJO was definitely worthwhile as the EU had really gotten stagnant so a radical shake-up was absolutely necessary!

What didn't sit well with fans was how ludicrously dark the series set out to be right from the outset, to the point where the authors appeared to be revelling in just how much physical/psychological torture they could put the Solo/Skywalker family through.

The first book ends with Chewie dying when a moon gets dropped on him, and the NJO series only gets bleaker for the Solos/Skywalkers from there!

7 hours ago, johnny said:

because those things aren’t boring or bad to a lot of people. my dad for instance loves Andor, but also loves The Phantom Menace. and even people who can register the movies as bad can find enjoyment out of it. there’s a whole subreddit dedicated to memeing the prequels which can make them more entertaining for people. the. you have the clone wars which is actually good, and helps bring up the movies a little bit. 

Even I get some enjoyment out of aspects of the prequels, all I'm saying is they don't deserve a re-assessment or a "renaissance". They're bad films with some good in them.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

wut

1200?cb=20051009120716
STARWARS.FANDOM.COM

The destruction of Sernpidal, also known as the First Battle of Sernpidal, occurred in 25 ABY when the Praetorite Vong—an advance force of the extra-galactic Yuuzhan Vong invaders—employed the tactic Yo'gand's Core, pulling the moon Dobido to Sernpidal's surface. A small team led by Han Solo and...

2 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Very little in the current Disney era of Star Wars (with TRoS being the notable example) plumbs the depths of just how bad a lot -- if not, most -- of the output of the EU Legacy era well and truly was.

This is what gets me about a lot of the contemporary complaints about Star Wars. Motherfuckers love to bitch about Rey that had no fucking problem with Jacen Solo making the air glow when he was five years old.

It's all Super Saiyan eugenic bullshit of the highest degree and it fucking sucks.

The Old Republic is the only era I'm interested in, and I wish SW would have a massive time skip(1000+ years) to a "New Republic" era with new concepts of light and dark with the only real binding connection being the force.

• True 1

26 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

This is what gets me about a lot of the contemporary complaints about Star Wars. Motherfuckers love to bitch about Rey that had no fucking problem with Jacen Solo making the air glow when he was five years old.

It's all Super Saiyan eugenic bullshit of the highest degree and it fucking sucks.

The entire treatment by the Legacy EU authors of the Solo children bordered on the abusive.

9 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The entire treatment by the Legacy EU authors of the Solo children bordered on the abusive.

Yeah. I mean I get it... some of the timing aligns with pop culture deciding that the best way to show how fucking hard your work went was to put your characters through a meat grinder. But it's Star Wars, there's a ton of real estate between that and everything being saccharine. 

3 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The use of the term "New Jedi Order" which was the Legacy EU designation for the YZ series of books, etc.

I see. I knew that but I thought there was some other bit I was missing. 

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

Or Luke Skywalker going from farm boy to force guiding proton torpedos in a matter of hours. 

19 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Or Luke Skywalker going from farm boy to force guiding proton torpedos in a matter of hours. 

Hmm. I never interpreted Luke as guiding the torpedos with the force so much as he used the force to help him line up a very difficult shot, which seems very much in line with what any force sensitive individual can do and often do do instinctually. Luke even comments in the briefing before hand that it wasn't some impossible shot.

• True 1

38 minutes ago, legend said:

Hmm. I never interpreted Luke as guiding the torpedos with the force so much as he used the force to help him line up a very difficult shot, which seems very much in line with what any force sensitive individual can do and often do do instinctually. Luke even comments in the briefing before hand that it wasn't some impossible shot.

"For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is." - Yoda

1 hour ago, legend said:

• Haha 1