Steam Next Fest Feb 6-13th

crispy4000

21f901a028ac1d94eef7b46e6ce31ad0ad024863
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Steam Next Fest is a week-long celebration featuring hundreds of FREE playable demos as well as developer livestreams and chats. Players try out upcoming games on Steam pre-release, developers gather feedback and build an audience ahead of their Steam launch, everyone wins!

Tons of good stuff this time.  Planet of Lana, Case of Benedict Fox, System Shock remake, Xenonauts 2, Valfaris: Mecha Therion, etc.

• Halal 1

Check this game. I saw it last week before this Next Fest and it made me think of @Phaseknox I hope he's ok because I would like him to enjoy this!

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1675716691
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Emotional, 3rd-person, story-driven, adventure game focused on solving puzzles and using stealth mechanics. Use your bow to interact with environment elements. Sneak, climb or distract guards to move further unnoticed. Solve light puzzles alongside your path to rescue your loved one.

PC Gamer impressions of the Shadows of Doubt demo:

As I reach the end of the 90-minute timed demo of Shadows of Doubt(opens in new tab), I still haven't solved my first homicide case. Honestly, though, I've only got myself to blame. The problem with being a rule-bending cyber-noir PI with total freedom to snoop, it seems, is that when you're scouring a suspect's apartment for clues or browsing through their hard drive, it's easy to get distracted by the mundane details of their lives.

At one point, I break into the staffroom of a diner—apparently the last place my murder victim visited before turning up dead at home. Once inside, I locate the manager's passcode, carelessly scribbled on a notepad, then rifle through the joint's safe before logging into its computer to scan staff records and security tapes. The crucial clue I uncover here is that the victim met someone in the restaurant, and from the camera footage I even get an ID. But while I could simply leave at this point to chase my new lead, I spend a further five minutes sitting at the screen, sifting through emails, printing out the staff database and pulling every face from the recordings. Sure, it pays to be nosy as a detective, but perhaps not quite to this degree.

22 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

PC Gamer impressions of the Shadows of Doubt demo:

Gonna download the demo. This seems right up my alley. 

• True 1

12 hours ago, stepee said:

Kayla’s Castle is certainly something

ooOh Grim Guardians demo!

OH YEAHHHHH I loved Grim Guardians, stayed up too late playing a damn demo. It took me a second because I expected you to be able to run and shoot; which you cannot. I just thought in my head that’s how it would play but after reminding myself that it’s very strictly a SOTN clone it all clicked and I hit my groove and fuck yeah i cannot wait.

@stepee Found one or two of note maybe.

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1674755352
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Reach your potential in a fast and fluid 3D action-platformer set in a beautiful and hopeful Solarpunk world. Take on challenging bosses, upgrade your systems, and show humanity the promise of AI.
capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1675709063
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Jump, Dash, Collect! Play solo and with your friends and loved ones! Explore this cute 3D platformer where you play as Boti, a brave and adorable data bot. Join Boti on an adventure to save the cyber-world of Byteland from bugs and viruses!

18 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Reach your potential in a fast and fluid 3D action-platformer set in a beautiful and hopeful Solarpunk world. Take on challenging bosses, upgrade your systems, and show humanity the promise of AI.
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Jump, Dash, Collect! Play solo and with your friends and loved ones! Explore this cute 3D platformer where you play as Boti, a brave and adorable data bot. Join Boti on an adventure to save the cyber-world of Byteland from bugs and viruses!

Ty! I’ll check them out there is another I downloaded I saw that i’ll update on later when I play it/remember the name :P

steam-next-fest-header.jpg
WWW.ROCKPAPERSHOTGUN.COM

We round up our favourite Steam Next Fest demo recommendations to get you started for February 2023's Next Fest demo bonanza.

Steam Next Fest is back with a veritable truck ton of fresh game demos to sample, and we've been plunging our eager little mitts into the latest batch of indie delights to unearth some handy recommendations for you to hit first. Running from now until February 13th, there are always oodles of demos to try in a Next Fest, so sometimes it's nice to have a helping hand in working out what's worth sinking your time into. Below, we've rounded up 16 of our favourites so far, and we'll be writing about plenty more demos we've yet to try over the coming week.

minekos-night-market.jpg
WWW.GAMESHUB.COM

Steam Next Fest is now on, and there's a range of excellent game demos you should check out. Here's a few picks from GamesHub.

Steam Next Fest has officially kicked off, with the week-long celebration of upcoming indie games set to conclude by 13 February 2023. Before then, you can (and should) hop onto Steam to check out a fresh array of game demos that chart a variety of genres, from crafting and adventuring simulators, to dungeon crawlers, town management games, and even spooky supernatural tales.

You’ll likely find some anticipated hits in this array – like cutesy life simulator Mineko’s Night Market, and recently revealed titles like The Last Case of Benedict Fox and I Am Future – but there’s also a strong lineup of hidden gems here, from the gorgeous-looking Mr. Saitou, to planet-faring journey Mars First Logistics and the twee indie adventure, Mail Time.

steam-next-fest-header.jpg?quality=50&st
WWW.PCWORLD.COM

Here are the best, most interesting, and most flat-out nutty game demos to load up during Steam's week-long Next Fest.

Gamers, start your graphics cards: Steam’s Next Fest has arrived once again!

For the uninitiated, Next Fest is a digital showcase of hundreds of indie PC games coming to the platform in the next year. You’ve got just seven days to try out most of them — it’s literally impossible for one gamer to get through them all. But in the spirit of exploration, we’ve combed through the absolutely massive list of demos and picked out a few that you might want to try. Here are 15 can’t-miss Steam Next Fest demos, in no particular order:

Case of Benedict Fox left a bad impressions as there are no settings you can adjust and it is stutter city on steam deck. I think it’s a gamepass game so I’ll be streaming it from my desktop cuz windows so hopefully it runs fine there. The control scheme is kinda weird too but I couldn’t get a good feel for it because it ran too poorly so I will see when it comes out.

Good news is Grin Gaurdians comes out in two weeks, didn’t realize it was that soon. That was a great time what I played so far.

10 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Protodroid was okay. It was serviceable but it didn’t convince me in the demo. Idk how early it is so maybe it ends up being more, I could be convinced to give it a shot on release as nothing felt bad but I’d need to read some good things. 

Boti must have been made by a Bikini Bottom fan, plays a lot like it. In a good way. I really enjoyed the demo and added it to the wishlist despite not playing well on deck. Im hoping it will be fine by launch, it’s close enough on low at least, I’m sure it’ll be decent by then. Looking forward to this now, I feel like @Brian will like this one (once performance is ironed out)

I tried Protodroid too.  Entirely serviceable, but definitely a case where it needed more of a budget.  (Also no inverted Y-axis option, booooo)

Planet of Lana is by far the highlight of what I've played so far.  It understands everything that made Limbo and Inside good, without being so dour.

Check this game out. It's from an Indonesian developer and it's kind of like a low budget Sifu at a school. The story is ok, the fighting is ok, the dialogue is a bit silly in it's translation but you can really feel the Indonesian dialogue hitting you when everyone calls you bro and your special move is called a "sick move" :p

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1675691590
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Grab a backpack, boxing tape, and focus on what high school is all about: Beating the ever loving crap out of one another! Troublemaker brings favorite action-adventure-beat-'em-up elements from the strongest traditions in the genre.

This was my fav game demo I played during this Next Fest event:

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1675858119
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Once upon a Village.. Set in a wholesome fairytale world, Fabledom is the ideal laid back City builder. Enjoy the growth of your settlement, trade and use diplomacy to ally or challenge your neighbors, and most importantly, find yourself a prince or princess and live happily ever after!