Final Fantasy I-VI Pixel Remasters are available for preorder on PS4/Switch

SaysWho?

FkPOgbLWIAAPKZf?format=jpg&name=4096x409

98fe71023161fcc9e8bf0ff186542f12.png
STORE.NA.SQUARE-ENIX-GAMES.COM

Classic "FINAL FANTASY" titles have been reborn through vivid 2D pixel graphics and the beautifully rearranged soundtrack. Gameplay is improved with modernized UI, and extras such as a bestiary, illustration gallery and music player allow further immersion into the world of the game.

It's funny reading the thread on ... another website ... of people A) not realizing you can buy the games piecemeal and B) getting the same sticker shock for the whole package that everyone initially did not realizing they've been on sale for that much for like a year.

I'm really excited for this on Switch though. I bought 1 and enjoyed it on PC, but the portability is going to be really nice. 

Good lord that's a lot of money. So each one is $11.99, so it's actually more expensive to get the bundle? Man fuck Square. They're still gonna get my money, but fuck them. I'll get XVI on a sale a year later. That'll learn em after I give them $50 for TO:R $75 for this and hopefully finally $50 for FFT:R next year. 

44 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Good lord that's a lot of money. So each one is $11.99, so it's actually more expensive to get the bundle? Man fuck Square. They're still gonna get my money, but fuck them. I'll get XVI on a sale a year later. That'll learn em after I give them $50 for TO:R $75 for this and hopefully finally $50 for FFT:R next year. 

It’s not more expensive to get the bundle. They are something like 20$/each, aren’t they?

Regardless, I’ll likely buy it on Switch first, then the ps4 version when it’s on sale. I already have it on pc. Because I'm a sucker for FF4-6, in all of their forms. Including the ugly FF4 After Years version on phones/DS. 

please give me a pixel remaster of Chrono Trigger and FFT:WotL now, and I will also buy it on multiple platforms as I force feed myself capitalism in the name of Final Fantasy.

20 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I saw some hope online that the font will be different. 

That would be nice, but with Square Enix it's almost always copium. They are so shitty and slow at taking feedback. But maybe! I have zero expectations of them fixing the walk stutter, though. Dumbasses probably don't even know what causes it.

26 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

That would be nice, but with Square Enix it's almost always copium. They are so shitty and slow at taking feedback. But maybe! I have zero expectations of them fixing the walk stutter, though. Dumbasses probably don't even know what causes it.

Looking at the info available certainly nothing confirmed but they pulled the screens they had posted, and it seems the consensus is that there will be a different font, the question is will it be a good font.