Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden release for modern platforms on January 19, 2023

Brian

I guess I’ll have to see if I can carry over my save between pc and xbox on gamepass. If I can do that then actually I’d prefer gamepass since I can always moonlight to deck and playing in bed on my xbox, living room on tv, or handheld on deck all as options would be preferred for a 100 hour game. Otherwise I think I’ll go steam for resume on deck.

30 minutes ago, stepee said:

I guess I’ll have to see if I can carry over my save between pc and xbox on gamepass. If I can do that then actually I’d prefer gamepass since I can always moonlight to deck and playing in bed on my xbox, living room on tv, or handheld on deck all as options would be preferred for a 100 hour game. Otherwise I think I’ll go steam for resume on deck.

Just saw on the resetera OT: Price: $60 (Also on Xbox Gamepass with Play Anywhere between Xbox & PC) 

So yeah, that saves me $60 since I’ve been wanting a new game I could both XSX and PC play along with moonlight on deck. 

Crazy with all the pc games that just came out I wanted, Batman, Plagues Tale, Uncharted PC, Persona5 pc, paid just $80 <3 cdkeys + game pass. 

10 minutes ago, stepee said:

Just saw on the resetera OT: Price: $60 (Also on Xbox Gamepass with Play Anywhere between Xbox & PC) 

So yeah, that saves me $60 since I’ve been wanting a new game I could both XSX and PC play along with moonlight on deck. 

Crazy with all the pc games that just came out I wanted, Batman, Plagues Tale, Uncharted PC, Persona5 pc, paid just $80 <3 cdkeys + game pass. 

I'm a bit broke so gamepass is my source for Persona 5. I bought dat Ork warhammer game, the other games from that same dev, and Victoria 3 ultimate edition.

Btw the world we live in. When you gotta preorder games for music. Paradox has been big on that now. The HOI Soviet and Italian DLC's preorder bonus was Katushya and Bella Chao. With Vic 3 it's I want to say either somes music from Vic 2 or the whole Vic 2 soundtrack.

Me right now:

spacer.png

15 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

don't know if it'll be tomorrow but I'll definitely pick it up at some point (will be my 3rd time getting it :lol:)

2nd time for me whenever I do buy it. I have P5 on the playstation.

Btw does anyone know if it's possible to transfer a gamepass save to steam? If I can't then I will probably just go all out to finish it on game pass andnmaybebbuybit at like 40-50% off.

On 10/22/2022 at 1:26 AM, Biggie said:

Ok ya. Playing this tonight under a warm blanket, drinking hot chocolate, laying on my couch made it worth every penny to download again on my Switch. Not to mention playing with headphones on is awesome. 

There is a bug where the display resolution doesn't change so I have been playing via my flow x16. Using 200% scaling hits 1440p so it looks great. I was trying to play it at a million FPS and my OLED TV but I'd want to run the risk of burn it. If they fix it at some point I'll go back. Game looks so good.

I've already played P5 twice; once in the vanilla game and once in Royal on PS4 when it released. It's an amazing game. One of the best classic JRPGs of the last 20 years, IMO. I will probably get the PC version again at some point too for the mobile option of steam deck if I need something for a long trip.

Also, the third semester expansion in Royal is fantastic. It's hard to imagine where they can go after the main game end, but they found a brilliant way to give a very different kind of challenge to the characters.

1 hour ago, EternallDarkness said:

Any opinions on whether or not to collect all the extras included early on? Swear I read somewhere recommending to wait, but now I can't seem to find that and anywhere and am beginning to wonder if I only imagined it :lol:

It's been a while since I played it, but I don't think that's a thing. You can just hang on to any consumables they give you if you don't want to use them immediately.

2 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

Any opinions on whether or not to collect all the extras included early on? Swear I read somewhere recommending to wait, but now I can't seem to find that and anywhere and am beginning to wonder if I only imagined it :lol:

Really up to you. You get a ton of stuff and you can either equip it and use the potions to make the game much easier in the beginning or just hold on to it in your inventory if you don’t want the head start. 

1 hour ago, legend said:

I've already played P5 twice; once in the vanilla game and once in Royal on PS4 when it released. It's an amazing game. One of the best classic JRPGs of the last 20 years, IMO. I will probably get the PC version again at some point too for the mobile option of steam deck if I need something for a long trip.

Also, the third semester expansion in Royal is fantastic. It's hard to imagine where they can go after the main game end, but they found a brilliant way to give a very different kind of challenge to the characters.

It's been a while since I played it, but I don't think that's a thing. You can just hang on to any consumables they give you if you don't want to use them immediately.

what I remember reading is the personas that you get are OP and somehow having them added to your list even if you don't use them kind of messes with your fusion ability/cost

5 hours ago, Biggie said:

Really up to you. You get a ton of stuff and you can either equip it and use the potions to make the game much easier in the beginning or just hold on to it in your inventory if you don’t want the head start. 

ED completely ignored your post. :nottalking:

6 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

what I remember reading is the personas that you get are OP and somehow having them added to your list even if you don't use them kind of messes with your fusion ability/cost

Nah not really. Those Personas become useless really fast once you start the first Castle/dungeon and start collecting better Personas.

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

Nah not really. Those Personas become useless really fast once you start the first Castle/dungeon and start collecting better Personas.

really? Guess I need to look up what persona are included. I thought I remembered it saying it included some late game personas. It's been quite a while since I last played P5 and I honestly can't recall how hard it actually got, I know I'd completed a few palaces. I'm still only a few hours into this play through. I'm at the point where I just recruited Ann onto the team. Have to say even having played the early sections multiple times now, it still amazes how twistedly brutal the story is around the first palace. 

9 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

Maybe I'm not sure what you're talking about. I thought you were talking about the gift they'll give you early on for having something like a P5 save (I imagine they'd do something different for Switch). That didn't include any personas, just items, but like Biggie, I can't imagine any special Personas they give you will be all that great for long. And if nothing else, you can always just not use any personas you have if you decide they're OP or something.

30 minutes ago, legend said:

Maybe I'm not sure what you're talking about. I thought you were talking about the gift they'll give you early on for having something like a P5 save (I imagine they'd do something different for Switch). That didn't include any personas, just items, but like Biggie, I can't imagine any special Personas they give you will be all that great for long. And if nothing else, you can always just not use any personas you have if you decide they're OP or something.

it's all the DLC that came out since the original release, including plenty of costumes and a number of Personas. I want to say at least one of them is like lvl 70+ And from what I recall it's not a matter of just not using the persona the review said something about having the DLC Persona in your database kind of screws up an aspect of the velvet room. Wish I'd bookmarked the damn page. :angry: I probably won't use download it right away since have the fun of Persona/SMT games is working your way up to the various persona, but I'd definitely like access to the costumes. 

32 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

it's all the DLC that came out since the original release, including plenty of costumes and a number of Personas. I want to say at least one of them is like lvl 70+ And from what I recall it's not a matter of just not using the persona the review said something about having the DLC Persona in your database kind of screws up an aspect of the velvet room. Wish I'd bookmarked the damn page. :angry: I probably won't use download it right away since have the fun of Persona/SMT games is working your way up to the various persona, but I'd definitely like access to the costumes. 

I see. I'm not sure about that then!

1 hour ago, EternallDarkness said:

I didn’t get anything close to level 70

Damn, looked at my collection and realized I have an assload of Persona!

Persona PS1

Persona 2 PS1

Persona 3 PS2

Persona 3 FES PS2

Persona 4 PS2

Persona PSP

Persons 3P PSP (also have it as download on Vita)

Persona 4 PS Vita 

Person 5 PS4

Persona 5 Royal PS4

Persona 5 Strikers

Person 5 Royal Switch

:lol:

Also can't recall if I ever picked up the Persona Q games for 3DS. Don't have my 3DS games at hand so can't check. Part of me wants to say I didn't but then back in the day I picked up a ton of stuff without ever realizing it.  I know I didn't pick up the Arena or the Dancing games. 

• Shocked 1

• 2 months later...

Not sure I'll do this one. P5 is one of my favorite JRPGs of all time, but even 4 has been difficult for me to get into due to the extremely bland and grindy dungeons (although the rest of it seems solid). Whereas P5 had vastly more interesting dungeons to explore, witch palace having its own unique spin on things. P3 looks like due to its age will suffer the same issues.

I think this means I'm pretty firmly waiting for P6.

9 minutes ago, legend said:

Not sure I'll do this one. P5 is one of my favorite JRPGs of all time, but even 4 has been difficult for me to get into due to the extremely bland and grindy dungeons (although the rest of it seems solid). Whereas P5 had vastly more interesting dungeons to explore, witch palace having its own unique spin on things. P3 looks like due to its age will suffer the same issues.

I’m just going to download P4 Golden because I loved it on the Vita and the fact it’s only $19.99

1 hour ago, legend said:

It's funny, because P4G is one of my favorite JRPGs of all time, but I've bounced off of P5 twice now, and I think a big reason why is that there's just too much style. Nothing is bland, not even the text in the menus. It's exhausting:p

• Haha 1