2018 iPhone & Apple Watch announcement event (Wednesday at 1 PM EDT)

RedSoxFan9

Unless they have some sort of surprise coming, this surely is the least exciting year-over-year iPhone upgrade yet.

Has there been a peep about 3D Touch yet? I'm only half paying attention while I'm at work. It wasn't mentioned on the graphic with all of the features spelled out.

6 minutes ago, ort said:

Unless they have some sort of surprise coming, this surely is the least exciting year-over-year iPhone upgrade yet.

Has there been a peep about 3D Touch yet? I'm only half paying attention while I'm at work. It wasn't mentioned on the graphic with all of the features spelled out.

It was on a graphic

Pricing is live on apple.com

The bigger watch is only a $29 jump... not that bad.

$399 Aluminum 40mm

$429 Aluminum 44mm

Add $100 to both for Cellular

The stainless steel ones? Ouch, only come in Cellular and go for $699 for the 40mm and $749 for the 44mm...

I mean seriously though... if you aren't a "plus" person and have no interest in the Tennis Max... what are the year over year advantages on the base model phone?

A faster processor... Meh...

A slightly better camera? Meh...

Slightly better screen? Meh...

A little more waterproof? Meh...

Anything else that will matter one lick to 99.9% of the population? I'm drawing a blank...

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

lol at that clever wallpaper choice to hide the notch

1 minute ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

I actually didn't notice the notch a whole lot during the elder scrolls demo

I actually don't notice the notch much, if at all, when I'm using the phone. :sun:

I'm deeply annoyed that to get the smallest screen size I have to pay more. I don't want a giant fucking phone. My 6 barely fits in my pockets as it is.

1 hour ago, Emblazon said:

There's zero reason not to go with the XR. 

I will say the X design is significantly better than all the iPhones with home buttons. If you don't already have an X, it's more than worth the upgrade to one of the three X models just for the UI and Face ID. 

I'm just catching up, why is there zero reason to go with the XR? Per feature, sure, but isn't the reason to pay less if you don't care about the rest?

Disregard, I misread.

• Like 1