Montana State Library rejects new logo because it contains four primary colours, and therefore is gay 🏳‍🌈

tammyhalllibrarylogo_750x422_creditonima
WWW.ADVOCATE.COM

The now-rejected Montana library logo represented a prism and the distribution of knowledge, according to a representative from the firm who designed it.

The Montana State Library Commission voted 4-3 against the logo on July 5, having already paid Milwaukee-based company Hoffman York $130,000 from non-taxpayer library foundation money for the design.

Rainbows are dangerous:

"I think there are two things you can say today to set off a firestorm in the area of information," Commissioner Tammy Hall, who was appointed by Montana GOP Gov. Greg Gianforte said, the AP reports. "One is a rainbow and one is misinformation. Those are very political, explosive weapons."

There is nothing wrong with gay people, it's just that regular Montanans don't want to associate with them:

Scribner, also appointed by Gianforte, said she had "nothing against" the Pride flag. "But I do believe that Montanans possibly could see that, because I did. And I'm a regular Montanan, so I believe that — I think it can be seen that way."

Good response:

Kevin Hamm, president of Montana Pride responded to the commission's rejection and suggested their reaction reflects a greater issue.

"If you're going to have a problem with a logo and the first thing that you think is 'Oh, it's got bright colors and that's a little too queer for me,' you're a bigot and you have issues," Hamm told the AP. "Don't throw my community under the bus just because all of a sudden rainbows make you think everything's gay."

The very gay logo in question that, if used, could have invited regular, salt of the earth Montanans to fits of justified rage:

tammyhalllibrarylogo_750x422_creditonima

15 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

There are many words I am not allowed to say that I could use to describe conservatives. Sometimes this shit just turns me back into a 12 year old.

I don't give a fuck, I'll say it:

They're big stupid doo doo heads. :frustrated:

• Shocked 1

A library in Iowa just outright had to close because all of its full-time staffers got harassed into resigning after putting out LGBT books for pride month

220715171728-vinton-iowa-public-library-
WWW.CNN.COM

A small-town library in Iowa is scrambling to reopen after community complaints about its book selection prompted full-time staff members to resign.

3 hours ago, Uaarkson said:

There are many words I am not allowed to say that I could use to describe conservatives. Sometimes this shit just turns me back into a 12 year old.

"The enemy" is all that needs to be said to describe them. 

• Like 1
  • True 1
  • Halal 2

Can’t wait for them to start banning Fruit Loops for all them bright colours. Lucky Charms and Skittles must outright banned in Montana for their gay agenda. I bet they cringe when a skittles ad ends with their “Taste the Rainbow” The states are going so fast backwards instead of improving on the progress made. . . .sorry to you guys/gals who still try for the better.

4 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Can’t wait for them to start banning Fruit Loops for all them bright colours. Lucky Charms and Skittles must outright banned in Montana for their gay agenda. I bet they cringe when a skittles ad ends with their “Taste the Rainbow” The states are going so fast backwards instead of improving on the progress made. . . .sorry to you guys/gals who still try for the better.

The entire history of justice and progress in America is filled with backlash. It’s just who we are, unfortunately.

• CitizenVectron changed the title to Montana State Library rejects new logo because it contains four primary colours, and therefore is gay 🏳‍🌈