May 2022 NPD: Nintendo and Sony take 11 of the Top 20 spots because they have a lot of good games and shit, but Elden Ring #1

SaysWho?

FVNvuVVVUAMzFtf?format=jpg&name=large

1. Elden Ring
  2. LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
  3. Pokemon Legends: Arceus
  4. Horizon II: Forbidden West
  5. MLB: The Show 22
  6. Call of Duty: Vanguard
  7. Gran Turismo 7
  8. Kirby and the Forgotten Land
  9. Mario Kat 8
  10. Madden NFL 22
  11. FIFA 22
  12. Minecraft
  13. Nintendo Switch Sports
  14. Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
  15. Monster Hunter: Rise
  16. Dying Light 2: Stay Human
  17. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  18. Mario Party Superstars
  19. Super Smash Bro. Ultimate
  20. Call of Duty: Black Ops: Cold War

Nintendo:

Sony:

Microsoft:

Spending lowest since February 2020:

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So game of the year is a foregone conclusion, right?

Yeah, I don't even see where there will be any valid debate otherwise at this point. Elden Ring is a special, once in a generation kind of game that just keeps elevating itself from start to finish. I've already played some amazing games this year, but not one comes close. It's not just goty, its goat material.

• Shocked 1
  • Halal 1

3 minutes ago, nublood said:

Elden Ring is great indeed. But man, I am so burned out on it.

Same here... it is a great game but after 120 hours I had to take a break. It really IS a good game, but it's not even my favorite From Souls game. I think it might be TOO big and probably would have benefited from a LITTLE more of a traditional narrative if they were going to go open world like this.

6 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Same here... it is a great game but after 120 hours I had to take a break. It really IS a good game, but it's not even my favorite From Souls game. I think it might be TOO big and probably would have benefited from a LITTLE more of a traditional narrative if they were going to go open world like this.

I was thinking pretty much the same thing. For me, DS3 is about the perfect Souls game in terms of size. It’s definitely explorable but also has certain linearity to it. But I did enjoy my time with ER and will definitely revisit it one day. I just gotta move on for now. 

9 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Yeah, I don't even see where there will be any valid debate otherwise at this point. Elden Ring is a special, once in a generation kind of game that just keeps elevating itself from start to finish. I've already played some amazing games this year, but not one comes close. It's not just goty, its goat material.

I think for what it sets out to do and accomplishes it's game of the decade and I'm not even like a massive fromsoft fanboy.

There's also a decent chance we see more content release for  it before 2022 ends, all previous fromsoft DLC expansions were 6-12ish months after release. 

• Halal 1

18 hours ago, nublood said:

Elden Ring is great indeed. But man, I am so burned out on it. And I get so tired of seeing Call of Dudebro but it is what it is.

Now bring on God of War: Ragnarok and Harry Potter and get off my lawn!

Sure, i think we are all burned out on the game now. I put 150 hours into it. But there are basically only a handful of single player games I would ever put that much time into to begin with. This, Witcher 3, Persona. Its a very limited list. 

Its definitely my favorite game in a long time, and I definitely don't agree that it isn't their best game, imo. There's just so much to do. 

Yes, there is some reuse of bosses, but not nearly as bad as other games (GoW is beloved, and 2/3 of the bosses in that game were trolls and Valkyries). The exploration in ER was second to none, imo. 

I'll say I like the atmosphere and world of Bloodborne quite a bit more, but overall, the exploration of the world of ER really pulled me in. 

• True 1

9 hours ago, thedarkstark said:

I think for what it sets out to do and accomplishes it's game of the decade and I'm not even like a massive fromsoft fanboy.

There's also a decent chance we see more content release for  it before 2022 ends, all previous fromsoft DLC expansions were 6-12ish months after release. 

Ya, we'll definitely get DLC, imo, but im not sure we'll get it this soon. I expect to see it at Game Awards, and maybe get it in feb/March. I actually think that would be the perfect time for it. Give everyone a year to build excitement.