Ford moving to 100% online, fixed-price sales for EVs, skipping dealers

14 hours ago, foosh said:

are Ford dealerships still required to service EVs that arent sold there? 

Yes. If you buy, let’s say, an F150 in Delaware because the dealership there gave you a better deal than buying in PA, if your F150 needs warranty work you can take it to any Ford dealership in the country.

One thing that various urbanist Youtube/Twitter accounts have gotten across extremely well is that every time you see a really walkable city area in Europe and compare it to what it looked like in the 70s, in a lot of cases they were much closer to an American car-filled hellscape in the 70s than you'd think. It's not that they've always been that way since the medieval period or whatever, they started building everything around cars in the same way we have and then at some point made a decision to change course, and have made real progress to that end. It's takes a while, but maybe not as long as you'd think.

• Like 2
  • True 1

On 6/3/2022 at 3:09 PM, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Yea I would balk at that markup. The car looks cool. How do you like it?  

I plan on test driving the Audi Etron tomorrow. There is a used dealer that has a few on the lot and seems open to negotiating down. I don’t believe him but I want to test drive that model to see what it’s like. 

I love it. The range is actually better than what they advertise too which is mind blowing to me. Call lots of dealers and make them fight with each other. Something I should have done but we fell in love with the damn thing.

• Like 1