Gangs of London: Season 2 (AMC+, sometime in 2022) - Official Trailer

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Gangs of London Season 2 (AMC+, sometime in 2022) - Official Trailer
10 hours ago, SoberChef said:

Isn't Gareth more of an E.P. going forward? I know he's doing post on his next film at the moment, as for the show ... well I'd love for him to direct even just one episode but not entirely sure. Thank you SO much @Commissar SFLUFANfor sharing this.

I mean, he could just be an EP going forward, but I certainly hope not. He started this show, it's his baby.

I've heard great things about the show's fight scenes. Enough to make me want to get a 7 day trial of AMC+ so I don't have to pay on top of all of my other streaming services

Side note: I've realized Starz is an underrated streaming platform. They shoot themselves in the foot by putting most of their shows on Netflix or Hulu, but it turns out if you try to cancel it, they let you renew it for like $3/month, and they have a pretty massive movie library in addition to their shows

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I've heard great things about the show's fight scenes. Enough to make me want to get a 7 day trial of AMC+ so I don't have to pay on top of all of my other streaming services

Side note: I've realized Starz is an underrated streaming platform. They shoot themselves in the foot by putting most of their shows on Netflix or Hulu, but it turns out if you try to cancel it, they let you renew it for like $3/month, and they have a pretty massive movie library in addition to their shows

Starz gets all of Sony's movies including the Marvel stuff. It will be the only place to watch No Way Home on cable.

41 minutes ago, Amazatron said:

Is there anyone that directs action better than Gareth Evans?

That siege episode is incredible.

Right now? no. He's this generation's John Woo... Even the 87 Eleven guys don't hold a candle to him.

• Halal 3

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Gangs of London: Season 2 (AMC+, sometime in 2022) - Official Trailer
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So my wife and I will be watching this this week - seems the entire season dropped on October 20th in the UK all at once? Either way, I was disheartened to see Gareth Evans personally directs no episodes, and the entire writers' room is all new people? Not one writer from the first season is credited with writing an episode for the second season, so that's weird. The only returning director is Corin Hardy from season 1 (he directed 4 episodes in season 1) and he returns to direct 4 episodes of season 2. Still, seems like an entire changing of the guard here. Evans is still executive producing season 2, but that's it from him.

I started the first episode today on the plane and it's STILL good. Picks up pretty much where the first episode ended and still maintains that hyper violent, break neck pacing and action. It still very much feels like Gareth's show and I had no idea about the changes in the writer's room but if he's listed as an exec producer, he's overseeing the writer's room and scripts. Exec producers on TV shows are basically upper level writers so that's why the show still FEELS like he's heavily involved because in all honesty, he probably is.

• Halal 1

Yeah just based off of the first episode this show hasn't missed a beat and Evans' influence is still there. The writer and director of the pilot are both E.P.'s as well so I'm guessing they were involved with the first season in some way and are probaly really close with Evans. Show is definitely off to a great start.... now I'm debating if I should continue with this season or go back and rewatch the first season from the start.

• Halal 1

My wife and I are now 6 (of 8) episodes in, and I have to agree - the show still very much carries the feel of the two Raid movies and the first season of this show. Even with an entirely new writers' room and all new directors' group except for Corin Hardy, who returns (and does excellent work here - he did episodes 1, 2, 9, + 10). The entire season is really well done - extremely propulsive, with clearly an even bigger budget, and at least one insane action sequence per episode. The show is less confusing this season and the whole thing is very visceral and immersive. I still do miss Gareth Evans directly directing an episode since the fight sequences are a tad worse than when he's in the director's chair but the episodes still acquit themselves nicely. I'd argue that episode for episode this season so far has been even better than season 1. So much crazy, wild shit is constantly going on, but always makes sense, especially given the powerful parties at play. The cops are nonexistent but otherwise good stuff.

More people need to watch this show now. C'mon guys, check this one out, it's up everyone's alley on this board. Also the show has been thankfully renewed for a season 3, wasn't really sure how it was doing with audiences. This article makes it sound like Gareth Evans handed the creative reins over to Corin Hardy, not sure how true that is given his EP credit, but those can often be formalities in the TV world. JJ Abrams had very little to do with Lost after the pilot episode but he's technically credited throughout the show despite him having little to do with it - that was a Carlton Cuse/Damon Lindelof show.

gangs-of-london-sope-dirisu.jpg
COLLIDER.COM

The news comes weeks after the second season premiered.