Gangs of London: Season 2 (AMC+, sometime in 2022) - Official Trailer

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus H. Bloody Fucking Christ in Hell! Seriously, I need season 3 like fucking NOW! Sad to say that I was right about THAT certain character, he grew on me & I shall mourn him after his untimely & rather horrendously grotesque way to leave this realm of existence. The end scene, that smile I felt as though was sort of "us the viewer" seeing that character in that position & all he has had to do to get there, just bloody fucking brilliant!

This show, my god! As I was watching I thought to myself "Right! The whole of the 1st season is establishing key players, ancillary interactions, the rules of engagement if  you will, et al." Yet this second season REALLY has allowed those that have survived thus far (JFC AT THAT SURPRISE AT THE END!!) to showcase motivations, chess moves, cat & mouse antics, raising of stakes to the highest levels, all on a grounded level with outrageous violence at the drop of a hat all played by actors who really seem to be giving it their all to make you truly feel & care.

I'm genuinely torn between this second season of this show & Andor season 1 as to which was my favorite season of television this year!!

• Halal 1

14 hours ago, SoberChef said:

Also, a gleeful Easter egg was the television playing scenes from 'The Raid', LOVED IT!

I was kind of hoping this and The Raid took place in the same universe once they mentioned the Investors fund gangs in many cities across the globe, and they specifically reference Jakarta. Given there's an Illuminati-type group pulling the strings of the police and gangs in Jakarta in the Raid movies, would have fit nicely. Still could be the case, which would be cool, but if the The Raid is considered a "movie" in universe, then likely not the case (or could just be a small easter egg).

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I know Gareth Evans isn't really involved in the show since season 1, but season 2 was still pretty great. Some new directors and writers are in for season 3, which has just begun filming - sounds very promising given the fresh talent each season brings.

COLLIDER.COM

Ṣọpẹ́ Dìrísù, Joe Cole, and Michelle Fairley will be returning for Season 3.

• Hugs 1
  • Hype 1

I saw this earlier yesterday, I'm just about at the end of season 1 rewatch. It's cool to catch all these little things in repeat viewings that may have gone missed with prior viewings, as well as having the foresight to know where people are heading to see how those choices were motivated to begin with. I'm genuinely curious about the whole Lale/Sean thing will land after all she's gone through. Also, I have to admit, Luan is growing on me ... dare I say that I admire the bastard! Either way, this is a hell of a gripping series and I'm stoked to dive into season 3 whenever it lands in 2024!! (Hopefully first half of the year ... please!?)

• Hype 1

• 1 month later...