Daredevil Reportedly Being Rebooted For Disney+

21 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Whatever gets Charlie Cox and Vincent D'Onforio back into the show, but I don't see why it needs to be rebooted, the first three seasons fit just fine into the broader MCU, they even acknowledge the attack on New York, etc.

Well the Netflix shows were way more graphically violent than anything MCU so maybe they don't want to canonize that into the prime MCU timeline? With the multiverse in play they don't even have to explicitly justify it with a multiverse explanation if they don't want to, anyone who really cares will use that as their head canon as long as nothing on-screen explicitly contradicts that idea. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Well the Netflix shows were way more graphically violent than anything MCU so maybe they don't want to canonize that into the prime MCU timeline? With the multiverse in play they don't even have to explicitly justify it with a multiverse explanation if they don't want to, anyone who really cares will use that as their head canon as long as nothing on-screen explicitly contradicts that idea. 

I mean, with Moon Knight and Deadpool 3 coming out, that shouldn't matter right? I feel like watching Cox go through all the same Daredevil origin story stuff seems redundant, especially when we already have excellent episodes like Cut Man out there.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Or maybe they just don't want to use Señor Froggy. 

I know so many people hated the character, but I liked the actor who played him. He's the moral center of the show who holds Cox accountable, of course he's going to annoy people. :p 

Maybe they'll just do a new series that doesn't require people to watch the previous ones. A soft reset. Daredevil is a popular character but the hard R Netflix show has a tough time squeezing into the MCU proper. I just can't see Disney pushing those on people.

I always thought the over the top violence in most of the Netflix shows took away from the appeal. It felt forced and unnecessary.

• Guillotine 1

56 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I mean, with Moon Knight and Deadpool 3 coming out, that shouldn't matter right? I feel like watching Cox go through all the same Daredevil origin story stuff seems redundant, especially when we already have excellent episodes like Cut Man out there.

I can't imagine Moon Knight is gonna go anywhere as near graphic as Netflix Marvel right? Even if he has a high body count probably won't be as gory at least. 

Assuming they legitimately don't tone Deadpool down at all I feel like that's the one thing that's gonna get a pass because of how successful and well-received the Deadpool movies were. Whereas Disney may be thinking with Daredevil it's mostly just the actors people care about keeping. 

As for Foggy, I do think he's fine. :p But had to throw that in since I know a lot of people don't. 

19 minutes ago, ort said:

Maybe they'll just do a new series that doesn't require people to watch the previous ones. A soft reset. Daredevil is a popular character but the hard R Netflix show has a tough time squeezing into the MCU proper. I just can't see Disney pushing those on people.

I always thought the over the top violence in most of the Netflix shows took away from the appeal. It felt forced and unnecessary.

There's no way Disney bothers with another retelling of Daredevil's origins. A soft reboot into an MCU PG-13 should be fine.

Either way, we NEED an Echo Daredevil meetup. Echo is already getting her own series. It just needs to happen.

Spiderman No Way Home Spoilers

His appearance in Spiderman was completely shoehorned in and unnecessary as anything but fan service. It's clear that they are going to be doing

something with the character. They didn't put him in there for no reason.

3 hours ago, ort said:

Spiderman No Way Home Spoilers

Hide contents

His appearance in Spiderman was completely shoehorned in and unnecessary as anything but fan service. It's clear that they are going to be doing

something with the character. They didn't put him in there for no reason.

Strangely enough, that scene was one of my favorite from the movie. It's amazing how you can do so much with so little.