Valve already planning a Steam Deck 2

HardAct

STEAM DECK 2

Wasn't expecting this already although maybe I should've! Apparently the top tier model of the {OG 649.99} Steam Deck 1 is the most popular according to preorders. Looks like I may be further back in line than I though. Might be getting mine right as Pre-orders for the SD2 go up :cry:

6 minutes ago, HardAct said:

STEAM DECK 2

Wasn't expecting this already although maybe I should've! Apparently the top tier model of the {OG 649.99} Steam Deck 1 is the most popular according to preorders. Looks like I may be further back in line than I though. Might be getting mine right as Pre-orders for the SD2 go up :cry:

Check your account. Mine now says Q3.

Well if the SD 2 is more than 649.99 I'm not interested. Don't know when I'm getting mine but I know I'm not opening it right away, yea right what the hell was I thinking. This Whole Steam Deck thing has had a welcome side effect. I mean the waiting in line for one obviously....lol I have really been playing alot of Switch and 3ds, and even some PS Vita. I love gaming gadgetry :nerd:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Whoa slow down. Let me get my Steam Deck 1 first! 

Right? Besides, Steam Deck very possibly will be a relative success, and a revision probably won't come out for at least 2 years. I don't even see the Valve Index to get an upgrade until 2023 at the earliest.

What I could see is a Deck 2 being the hardware to power the Index for on-the-go VR Gaming, although technically speaking (looking at the requirements) the current Deck could run the Valve Index even. Wonder if anyone has tried the Index with the Steam Deck. :thinking:

3 minutes ago, imthesoldier said:

Right? Besides, Steam Deck very possibly will be a relative success, and a revision probably won't come out for at least 2 years. I don't even see the Valve Index to get an upgrade until 2023 at the earliest.

What I could see is a Deck 2 being the hardware to power the Index for on-the-go VR Gaming, although technically speaking (looking at the requirements) the current Deck could run the Valve Index even. Wonder if anyone has tried the Index with the Steam Deck. :thinking:

I wonder if they'd hold off for a RDNA3 based APU. Hopefully AMD doesn't go as slow as it did with the transition from Vega to RDNA. In fairness they probably can't now with intel.