Mario Strikers: Battle League [June 10, 2022]

Keyser_Soze

Sounds like a lot of complaints about lack of content and things to do single player, which is what I was hoping wouldn’t be the case, sigh. Idk what is going on with their sports games and why they can’t have good single player content this gen.

19 minutes ago, stepee said:

Sounds like a lot of complaints about lack of content and things to do single player, which is what I was hoping wouldn’t be the case, sigh. Idk what is going on with their sports games and why they can’t have good single player content this gen.

This is the first sports game I’m passing on and I love soccer. Nintendo is half assing all of these titles. It’s a shame  

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

This is the first sports game I’m passing on and I love soccer. Nintendo is half assing all of these titles. It’s a shame  

i think I’ll still get it as the demo def had me wanting to play more but it’s really disappointing ya, 3ds golf and tennis were so good.

Fell asleep early last night so I’ll be downloading this tonight. I’ll have some fun with this for sure still even if I’m disappointed with the content. I still play tennis and golf now and then as well. Still fun, just not what they could be, I imagine this will be the same.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Fell asleep early last night so I’ll be downloading this tonight. I’ll have some fun with this for sure still even if I’m disappointed with the content. I still play tennis and golf now and then as well. Still fun, just not what they could be, I imagine this will be the same.

I played two quick battles during lunch. The game is fun as hell. Reminds me of hockey with the one timers from perfect passes. Playing defense is so fun when you get in a rhythm switching characters and shutting them out by tackling the shit out of them. 

• Halal 1

33 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I played two quick battles during lunch. The game is fun as hell. Reminds me of hockey with the one timers from perfect passes. Playing defense is so fun when you get in a rhythm switching characters and shutting them out by tackling the shit out of them. 

yeahhhh man was digging that in the trial, how defense is actually fun like in the blitz series 

I bought this because I'm a big stupid idiot who loves sports games and wow... Nintendo should really be ashamed of themselves what a lackluster cash grab. If this  was on PC it'd be "early access" for another year or 2.

The game itself is fun but if you don't play multiplayer there's literally nothing to do. Also I'm already sick of seeing the hyperstrike animation it looks nice but you should be able to skip it.

2 minutes ago, thedarkstark said:

I bought this because I'm a big stupid idiot who loves sports games and wow... Nintendo should really be ashamed of themselves what a lackluster cash grab. If this  was on PC it'd be "early access" for another year or 2.

That's all Nintendo games recently. Heck it took them two years to get Animal Crossing up to the standard of New Leaf before they abandoned it forever. :p

12 hours ago, thedarkstark said:

The game itself is fun but if you don't play multiplayer there's literally nothing to do. Also I'm already sick of seeing the hype strike animation it looks nice but you should be able to skip it.

They have zero incentive to do any different. In the end we buy up any and everything they release full price bitch about it and do it again. I'm not the Nintendo fanboy a lot are but I'm guilty too. The Camp fire taught me a lot about Nintendo, just hear me out. Obviously you all know we lost EVERYTHING in that fire games included. I was almost all Physical games back then so a fire is the worse as to digital as there you can just redownload. I have been trying to rebuild my Nintendo game collection [3DS included] and it crazy how 90% are all still near full price. I tried to out last Mario Kart 8 but finally caved at 55 bucks. 

As for the game, Best Buy said out for delivery all the way to 9:30pm yesterday the 11th when I gave up. Woke up expecting out for delivery today, NOPE! It's changed to delivery Tomorrow  the 13th. What the hell. I did just learn another lesson. This is a physical copy of Strikers when I should've bought digital anyways, so dumb! I now have a 1Tb micro SanDisk pro sd card so there's over 750gigs free.

Amazon is mostly spot on when buying games as there usually delivered the day of release! Bust buy said delivery on the 10th and I fell for it. What's really stupid is best buy is 5 miles away, I could just go there! No I 'm thinking of buying it digitally and returning the phyical copy anyway. But then I tell myself that's stupid where's my patience. I'm actually now thinking of returning it anyway and sitting this one out now that I know there very bare bones gameplay wise. That would be wise but I'm far from a rational human being....

On 6/12/2022 at 12:26 AM, thedarkstark said:

The game itself is fun but if you don't play multiplayer there's literally nothing to do. Also I'm already sick of seeing the hyperstrike animation it looks nice but you should be able to skip it.

I often want to watch the hyperstrike still but I don’t see why they couldn’t let you skip it, should work the same as skipping replays Id think.

Anyway I finally put some real time into this last night and yeah this is fucking BARE. There’s just the absolute minimum amount of content for it to be legal to sell the game for money.

Multiplayer, and like 7 three match cup tournaments. That’s it. 11 characters, like 5 stadiums? I can’t imagine stadiums here are difficult to build, doesn’t even make sense why there is so little content.

Ill still play it since it’s fun, but not nearly as much as I would have with a proper world tour mode or something. Once I beat those cups it’s just going to be like the other mario sports this gen, just something to boot up every now and then for a couple matches. 

I think Nintendo is playing it a little too weak with these releases, their reputation didn’t used to be their new games (not re-releases) being a rip off, but they might be heading that way. I think it’s a bad idea no matter how much they save right now doing this. The public CAN turn on Nintendo, they need to get back to putting some care in.

• True 1

7 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Instead of always having the press +- to skip replays and celebrations I wish you could just turn them off completely. I never watch them. I do enjoy the hyper strikes though. 

Oh also I wish it had more options, like, in general. There are no options. I’d have loved different views just for fun, i think it would be fun to play behind the character just goofing around and such.

4 hours ago, stepee said:

I think Nintendo is playing it a little too weak with these releases, their reputation didn’t used to be their new games (not re-releases) being a rip off, but they might be heading that way. I think it’s a bad idea no matter how much they save right now doing this. The public CAN turn on Nintendo, they need to get back to putting some care in.

They don't have to do anything. They suckered you into buying it even after releasing a demo.

• Haha 1

What’s even worse is the core gameplay is fantastic here! Played more last night, just two cups left. Scoring goals always feels so good like you really accomplished/earned it. I’m watching all those replays on my side.

Hope they plan to add actual content and modes or something not just a few characters and courts, such a waste of a good core game.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...