Crysis 4 has been officially announced

Brian

I don't even know what I would want from a Crysis 4. If they removed all the things I hated from the series, it wouldn't be Crysis anymore lol.

Please make the story at least understandable and... i dunno... good?

Please fix the A.I. to make stealth a viable option.

Please ditch the Independence Day aliens.

I'm playing through the Crysis remastered trilogy and they're decent games but now that they don't have the graphical advantage over other games like they did back in the day, it's easy to see just how average they are. 

6 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

While I know the hate many have for any of the games after Warhead, I like the series. I've played through Crysis 3 multiple times. I love it. Not sure what 4 might bring, but I'm hopeful! 

These fools have been tripping for like a decade now. Crysis 2 and Crysis 3 are fun as fuck, the only one that isn’t quite so fun is the first Crysis.

I was playing Crysis 2 Remastered on pc recently and it’s still fantastic and was thinking man I hope they do another one, so I’m here for this. 

3 hours ago, imthesoldier said:

2007-2020: "Can It Run Crysis?"

2020-Present: "Can It Run CyberPunk 2077?"

Crytek in 2022: "Time to reclaim the throne!"

They never lost that throne, there isn’t a cpu yet as of last year that could hold Crysis Remastered 60fps steady. Not sure if that changed with 12th gen intels.

24 minutes ago, stepee said:

They never lost that throne, there isn’t a cpu yet as of last year that could hold Crysis Remastered 60fps steady. Not sure if that changed with 12th gen intels.

Doesn't appear to be: 

That's CIRCM settings at 1080p.

It doesn't appear even on Cry Engine 4 that it's properly multi-core supported, which is a shame. That said, the game with that guys setup does run quite well (I mean, I think it runs well). 

Makes me wonder how the game would run on Intel's new low-end Dual-Core Alder Lake CPUs with a good overclock such as this: 

8UjqXRzMUKCkcxUMoZ6rYD-1200-80.png
WWW.TOMSHARDWARE.COM

One of the fastest dual-core CPUs ever.

24 minutes ago, imthesoldier said:

Doesn't appear to be: 

That's CIRCM settings at 1080p.

It doesn't appear even on Cry Engine 4 that it's properly multi-core supported, which is a shame. That said, the game with that guys setup does run quite well (I mean, I think it runs well). 

Makes me wonder how the game would run on Intel's new low-end Dual-Core Alder Lake CPUs with a good overclock such as this: 

8UjqXRzMUKCkcxUMoZ6rYD-1200-80.png
WWW.TOMSHARDWARE.COM

One of the fastest dual-core CPUs ever.

Yep, it’s because it’s still based around single core performance. They had one job to do with that one and didn’t do it. It runs okay now especially with vrr yeah, but it’s a shame they didn’t take the opportunity to fix it.

However I shouldn’t complain too much because meanwhile for Crysis 2 for some reason they pretty much did a current gen remaster on it. Nobody was asking for that or really noticed, but that worked out for me as I much prefer it! I suppose it was much easier to just layer on top of code that didn’t have that huge bottleneck.

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

Yep, it’s because it’s still based around single core performance. They had one job to do with that one and didn’t do it. It runs okay now especially with vrr yeah, but it’s a shame they didn’t take the opportunity to fix it.

However I shouldn’t complain too much because meanwhile for Crysis 2 for some reason they pretty much did a current gen remaster on it. Nobody was asking for that or really noticed, but that worked out for me as I much prefer it! I suppose it was much easier to just layer on top of code that didn’t have that huge bottleneck.

I'm surprised I haven't seen someone try to super overclock an old Pentium 4 processor to crazy frequencies, and see if you get comparable performance with a modern CPU using the same modern GPU. Probably be running on DDR2 though...

9 minutes ago, imthesoldier said:

I'm surprised I haven't seen someone try to super overclock an old Pentium 4 processor to crazy frequencies, and see if you get comparable performance with a modern CPU using the same modern GPU. Probably be running on DDR2 though...

Im sure depending on the game you could, but yeah ram speed is what’s going to kill you. That was getting me even on ddr3 when I was using a loaner system but with a 3080 for a bit before I built my current pc.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/26/2022 at 12:06 PM, stepee said:

This has changed.

auto
PRESS.CRYTEK.COM

Last PC patch brings some significant GPU and CPU performance improvements

Just tested it out and the cpu bottleneck at least up to 60fps seems to be gone indeed! Still a gpu bottleneck when maxed unless you have a 3090 and are doing ultra performance dlss, but it makes it so you can scale now. On a 3080 I can do maxed/ultra performance  and it only drops a couple frames here and there with vrr takes care of and looks quite stunning in its remastered state still! You could get away with just turning grass detail down and regular dlss performance on a 3080 as well probablyz

Kind of a weird state now where Crysis 3, the most recent of the series, is the least impressive looking one (though it still looks good today as well).

@Mr.Vic20

1 minute ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

@stepee So I don't have a frame counter installed at the moment and am running this from the Epic store launcher, but I believe I am getting 120FPS/4K/Can it run Crysis settings (max)! Holy Hell this gaming is humming now! :vortex:

Damnnnn! I figured the 3090 would get a good boost over a 3080 here, though to be fair I didn’t see what the baseline is, I was only looking for spots I knew would drop to 40s before and to see what the drops were now. The infinite lod can make some views TOUGH.

But yeah I noticed that dlss quality is an absolute NO on the 3080 maxed as it was in the 40’s so I figured vram was the hold up and a 3090 could fly past it lol.

Just now, stepee said:

Damnnnn! I figured the 3090 would get a good boost over a 3080 here, though to be fair I didn’t see what the baseline is, I was only looking for spots I knew would drop to 40s before and to see what the drops were now. The infinite lod can make some views TOUGH.

But yeah I noticed that dlss quality is an absolute NO on the 3080 maxed as it was in the 40’s so I figured vram was the hold up and a 3090 could fly past it lol.

Ah, right, DLSS! I'm running it on "Balanced", I'll have to try quality, but I'm sure it will stay above 60FPS easily.