Jump to content

NFL Week 8 - Who Owns the Owners?


Keyser_Soze
 Share

Recommended Posts

Thursday, October 28
Matchup  Time (PT) TV
spacer.png Green Bay at spacer.png Arizona             5:20 PM Fox/NFL
Sunday, October 31
Matchup Time (PT) TV
spacer.png Carolina at      spacer.png Atlanta 10:00 AM FOX
spacer.png Miami at           spacer.png Buffalo 10:00 AM CBS
spacer.png San Francisco at spacer.png Chicago 10:00 AM FOX
spacer.png Pittsburgh at    spacer.png Cleveland 10:00 AM CBS
spacer.png Philadelphia at spacer.png Detroit 10:00 AM FOX
spacer.png Tennessee at spacer.png Indianapolis 10:00 AM CBS
spacer.png Cincinnati at spacer.png NY Jets 10:00 AM CBS
spacer.png LA Rams at    spacer.png Houston 10:00 AM FOX
spacer.png New England at spacer.png LA Chargers 1:05PM CBS
spacer.png Jacksonville at spacer.png Seattle 1:05 PM CBS
spacer.png Washington at spacer.png Denver 1:25 PM FOX
spacer.png Tampa Bay at spacer.png New Orleans 1:25 PM FOX
spacer.png Dallas at       spacer.png Minnesota 5:20 PM NBC
Monday, November 1
Matchup Time (PT) TV
spacer.png NY Giants at spacer.png Kansas City      5:15 PM ESPN

 

I made a humorous typo when I typed Washington in. I typed it as washing tong, I kind of like that name. Who doesn't want to wash tongs?

As for things people want, what do people want to see this week? Schedule looks a bit lopsided.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

 

This organization is so strange. They likely have a chance to have 4 of the first 35 or so picks in the 2022 draft with a trade between them and the Dolphins. And they will need that kind of draft capital to rebuild this completely decimated team

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, sblfilms said:

This organization is so strange. They likely have a chance to have 4 of the first 35 or so picks in the 2022 draft with a trade between them and the Dolphins. And they will need that kind of draft capital to rebuild this completely decimated team

 

You need a team that Watson is willing to go to, a team that is willing to make a serious offer on Watson, and a team that is willing to take on the risks of his legal battles.  That team doesn't exist.

  • True 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

 

You need a team that Watson is willing to go to, a team that is willing to make a serious offer on Watson, and a team that is willing to take on the risks of his legal battles.  That team doesn't exist.


That is definitely not true. The talk around the town by the Texans beat reporters is this is more Jack Easterby shenanigans. Sounds mostly like he just wants to punish Watson for his misdeeds by wasting his time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:
i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2021%2F1019%2Fr924835_1
WWW.ESPN.COM

Titans running back Derrick Henry suffered a potentially season-ending foot injury during Sunday's 34-31 win over the Colts, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Wow. RIP Titans. 

Damn. Too bad Wentz had to Wentz the game away yesterday or the Colts could have had a good shot at the division.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, sblfilms said:


That is definitely not true. The talk around the town by the Texans beat reporters is this is more Jack Easterby shenanigans. Sounds mostly like he just wants to punish Watson for his misdeeds by wasting his time.

Which team is willing to take a flyer on Watson with his open legal issues?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, AbsolutSurgen said:

Which team is willing to take a flyer on Watson with his open legal issues?


His legal situation isn’t really particularly open. He isn’t going to face any criminal charges, and the framework or actual settlements are in place for the majority of his accusers. The only real question is how long will he be suspended by the league once he is traded and they want him to play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, sblfilms said:


His legal situation isn’t really particularly open. He isn’t going to face any criminal charges, and the framework or actual settlements are in place for the majority of his accusers. The only real question is how long will he be suspended by the league once he is traded and they want him to play.

Which team?

Watson is worth at least 3 #1s -- and with his cap hit for a trade, it would hard to argue that they should trade him for less.

 

Dolphins would be insane to trade 3 #1s for Watson, given his cap hit going forward, and legal situation -- it's still unclear how Watson will look when all the legal proceedings are wrapped up.  How will trading for him look like to their sponsors/fans when the final details come out?  [No one really knows.]

 

Texans best path forward is probably to wait for the legal proceedings to wrap up, and trade him in the off-season (before next year's salary needs to be paid) so you can maximize his trade value (or, if new evidence comes out that makes him kryptonite, you could void his contract and go after his signing bonus.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dolphins don’t even have their 1st this year.  
 

How do you value a Douche when it is unclear how long the suspension will be and if mentally the Douche can be good again?  Plus you have to factor in the backlash of your fanbase. Though Florida seems to love Douches so it probably isn’t a problem.
 

Texans should have played Douche week 1 and made the NFL suspend the Douche to start the process of his punishment.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Which team?

Watson is worth at least 3 #1s -- and with his cap hit for a trade, it would hard to argue that they should trade him for less.

 

Dolphins would be insane to trade 3 #1s for Watson, given his cap hit going forward, and legal situation -- it's still unclear how Watson will look when all the legal proceedings are wrapped up.  How will trading for him look like to their sponsors/fans when the final details come out?  [No one really knows.]

 

Texans best path forward is probably to wait for the legal proceedings to wrap up, and trade him in the off-season (before next year's salary needs to be paid) so you can maximize his trade value (or, if new evidence comes out that makes him kryptonite, you could void his contract and go after his signing bonus.)


What is a player worth who is willing to wait you out? The Texans have no leverage over Watson or any other team. It really is just time to move on and get what you can get.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:
i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2021%2F1019%2Fr924835_1
WWW.ESPN.COM

Titans running back Derrick Henry suffered a potentially season-ending foot injury during Sunday's 34-31 win over the Colts, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Wow. RIP Titans. 

Falcons should trade them Cordarrelle Patterson and get some draft picks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...