What's the appeal of the southwest?

CastletonSnob

Genuine question. I had to drive to Las Vegas for my sister's wedding last month, and I drove through Arizona, New Mexico, and Nevada. I have no idea why people live in that region. There's huge stretches of nothing, you have to deal with droughts, the heat is unbearable, and there are deadly creatures like snakes and scorpions.

2 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

I think there are beautiful things about every part of the country. And things I hate about every part of the country.

Pretty much this. My ideal location would be Southern California but I'm not made of money. Pennsylvania is pretty damn solid, I'll admit. 4 seasons and plenty of beautiful areas I live by. I'll be here for the rest of my life. Or at least until I retire.

7 hours ago, best3444 said:

Pretty much this. My ideal location would be Southern California but I'm not made of money. Pennsylvania is pretty damn solid, I'll admit. 4 seasons and plenty of beautiful areas I live by. I'll be here for the rest of my life. Or at least until I retire.

it's where I live now and plan on dying. Awesome place to live... worse things about it, Earthquakes, Drought, Cost of Living, Shallow People and Pineapple on Pizza. Other than that, it's amazing. 

• Like 1

The southwest is tough for me because dry climates do a number on my respiratory system. Need a little of that damp humid air to keep me going. My wife is from New Mexico so I do get to visit the region on occasion and a few days at a time is generally doable.