Norman Reedus: "I think we're doing a second Death Stranding." Negotiations are happening.

SaysWho?

death-stranding-2_kc74.1200.jpg
BR.IGN.COM

Em entrevista ao AdoroCinema, o ator de The Walking Dead disse que segundo jogo de Hideo Kojima está em negociações

Translated:

Norman Reedus, Daryl Dixon on The Walking Dead, indicated that Death Stranding 2 might happen.

"I think we're doing a second Death Stranding," Reedus told reporter Vitória Pratini of AdoroCinema, IGN Brasil's partner site. "[The game] is on negotiations. So… Yay! ", celebrated the actor, in front of the excitement of the journalists present at the roundtable about the 11th season of The Walking Dead.

It remains to be seen whether the actor was referring to the director's version of Death Stranding, which will be released in September for PS5. Director's Cut will feature additional content, including new facilities, weapons and items, as well as the Social Strand System, which will enable competitive mode.

Comparing his most famous characters, Norman Reedus commented on who would win a marathon: Daryl Dixon from The Walking Dead or Sam Porter Bridges from Death Stranding. After all, the former spent years walking through the zombie apocalypse looking for Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln), and the latter delivers packages in a hostile open-world environment.

"It would definitely be Sam Porter Bridges. He's got the suit, the motorcycle... Wait, they both have motorcycles. He's got that exoskeleton he can race with," Reedus said. "Daryl is in Georgia, it's very hot. So he could pass out. Norman, on the other hand, would just take a bus," he joked.

28 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

This is a game I've started about 3 times, liked well enough, but then something I want to do more comes along and I bounce off.

Yeah. It's a weird one, because the further you get and the more gadgets you get, the less entertaining it becomes. Driving a larger vehicle is boring as hell because it has no deeper gameplay mechanics like walking or riding the motorcycle do. Using the big ski lift things or whatever is even more boring.

Building roads and infrastructure is kind of fun, but then the "gameplay" with combat and the obnoxious time rain and the stupid ghost boys and stuff just continue ruining it. At least up until the part I got to, which I think was the second "area" after you arrive at a port... it's been a long time, though, so I might be misremembering.

Honestly if it was just an online multiplayer game where people had to build infrastructure and stuff I think that would be way more engaging as an actual video game. Create an absolutely enormous, maybe even to-scale map of America (instead of whatever the hell they call America in Death Stranding) and just let people build shit to get around. They can do their little deliveries to make money to build more stuff and buy customizable piss colors or something.

I really enjoyed Death Stranding, but I'd have no interest in more of the same. A sequel would have to massively build on the combat, the bosses, the mission type/structure whilst still retaining the solitude, the integration of music, the traversal (which I really liked). If true, colour me interested. 

22 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

I really enjoyed Death Stranding, but I'd have no interest in more of the same. A sequel would have to massively build on the combat, the bosses, the mission type/structure whilst still retaining the solitude, the integration of music, the traversal (which I really liked). If true, colour me interested. 

Good points. 

Honestly thinking about it more, I bet co-op or multiplayer delivery missions would be pretty cool. A lot of stuff could happen dynamically and just the idea of using multiple people to try and lug around heavy equipment or packages sounds way more compelling to me than solo missions.