Take Two taking down GTA mods.

CastletonSnob

Oh look, a game company doing something shitty. Must be another day ending in y.

GTAFORUMS.COM

Just to make sure as many people here know as possible, Take-Two have been going heavy with the DMCA's this week, first starting with GTAV map mods like GTA3 Portland, Vice City Overhaul, etc, which is fair as they fell under the "agreement". Oh wait... What's the "agreement"? The "agreement" cam...

I'm not someone who normally downloads mods for different games, but what purpose does it serve to effectively eliminate one of the largest modding communities? I could see this really backfiring on Take-Two, and might even affect their stock prices.

I get it that this is Take-Two's IP, but the modding community has been a huge plus for a lot of folks over the years, and I hardly doubt this is really hurting the value of the GTA franchise as a whole. I feel there's something we're missing in all this.

How much of a coincidence or not is it for this to happen not long after pics of classic GTA remake mods like this one popped up online?

EnHvdLrXMAEw8zO-2048x2048.jpg

EDIT: apparently the artist already works in the game industry (their artstation says Ubisoft, but game artists often get contracted by multiple studios). Is this from an official remake?

43 minutes ago, heydude93 said:

How much of a coincidence or not is it for this to happen not long after pics of classic GTA remake mods like this one popped up online?

EnHvdLrXMAEw8zO-2048x2048.jpg

EDIT: apparently the artist already works in the game industry (their artstation says Ubisoft, but game artists often get contracted by multiple studios). Is this from an official remake?

Nah - Hossein seems to only create high-resolution renders of classic characters for purposes of his portfolio.