Conviction of Bill Cosby Vacated by PA Supreme Court, ordered released

I myself have my qualms with aspects of ‘cancel culture.’

But this is one instance of a person who ought to be canceled—hard— by every decent human being in the planet.

Not that it’ll matter too much to him.  He can scamper back to his estate and work on his golf game.

But it’d be the right thing to do.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

I myself have my qualms with aspects of ‘cancel culture.’

But this is one instance of a person who ought to be canceled—hard— by every decent human being in the planet.

Not that it’ll matter too much to him.  He can scamper back to his estate and work on his golf game.

But it’d be the right thing to do.

I think he's genuinely blind now, so at least the old bastard can't even golf.

The idea that there was an agreement was post-hoc by Castor to cover his ass. 

Cosby's testimony was not only not needed for the civil trial, he didn't say anything self incriminating. Point of fact it would have been a stronger case if he had to plead the fifth when asked if he raped Constand (again, civil trial).

Furthermore, the question of whether there was an agreement was already adjudicated by the trial Judge and the appeals court. It's not like this blindsided anyone. Facts were already presented and judged.

There is a ton of stuff in the deposition testimony that corroborates the claims of the victim in the criminal case that without it I do have doubts a conviction is made.

In effect you have the witness saying “he did x, y, and z to rape me” and Cosby is like I did indeed do “x, y, and z but it wasn’t rape”. I think most reasonable people see x, y, and z as predatory in nature, so it is no leap to believe it was indeed rape.

On 6/30/2021 at 1:46 PM, sblfilms said:

I know, what I’m saying is that DAs break deals all the time, it just usually isn’t in blockbuster cases with rich perps! Poor people get lied into implicating themselves in crimes by not just the police, but prosecutors too. But they do t have the high priced legal representation to fight it in the post conviction time.

This. All of this.

4 hours ago, sblfilms said:

There is a ton of stuff in the deposition testimony that corroborates the claims of the victim in the criminal case that without it I do have doubts a conviction is made.

In effect you have the witness saying “he did x, y, and z to rape me” and Cosby is like I did indeed do “x, y, and z but it wasn’t rape”. I think most reasonable people see x, y, and z as predatory in nature, so it is no leap to believe it was indeed rape.

One of the jurors in his trial said that his testimony in that deposition is what largely led to them convicting him. He pretty much admitted to drugging women he wanted to have sex with in that deposition. Without that testimony, you probably don’t get a conviction. America really needs to wake up and realize that out “justice system” is fundamentally broken and is only “fair” depending on how much money you have for lawyers and representation. That’s it.