Playstation has acquired Housemarque (Returnal, Resogun, Super Stardust, Alienation, Nex Machina, Matterfall), likely is acquiring Bluepoint (Demon's Souls/SOTC remakes)

SaysWho?

29 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I'm glad Sony finally closed the deal on this one. With the success of Returnal it only makes sense. I also hope that Bluepoint rumor is true since Demon's Souls in large part helped push PS5's onto gaming's online nerd culture. It would make sense to close that one too. Sony should just buy Clap Hanz, make it a hat trick, and call it a day since with Clap Hanz bought there are no more Sony second-party studios I believe.

I'd love for Sony to get Supermassive and Ready at Dawn back, but I don't think that'll happen.

Ready at Dawn's part of Oculus now, and  Nordisk Film purchased a 30% stake in Supermassive, so those will be difficult/impossible.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, legend said:

I don't think it's all that crazy. Sony gets to have more influence on what they make, control over time tables and marketing, can more easily justify large investments to bolster the production of the team because they can ensure the long-term gains of that remain with them, and if any of the IP become iconic, Sony gets to own that and do whatever they want with it in the future.

Oh and process gets streamlined substantially, which itself is more substantial than it sounds.

Can't wait for Returnal 2 to be a slow-paced third-person, over-the-shoulder larger-than-life adventure! And don't even get me started on Returnal 3, or Returnal: Lost Legacy!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Can't wait for Returnal 2 to be a slow-paced third-person, over-the-shoulder larger-than-life adventure! And don't even get me started on Returnal 3, or Returnal: Lost Legacy!

The Returnal movie and tv series are going to be great too.

8 hours ago, stepee said:

I just think it’s funny to really question Sony’s work in building their internal development. They obviously have it down pretty freakin well at this point. 

Ah yes, the infallible Sony. Always nails everything they do. Unimpeachable Sony. Never made a single mistake! (Sorry, just catching up on the first page.)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, legend said:

I don't think it's all that crazy. Sony gets to have more influence on what they make, control over time tables and marketing, can more easily justify large investments to bolster the production of the team because they can ensure the long-term gains of that remain with them, and if any of the IP become iconic, Sony gets to own that and do whatever they want with it in the future.

Oh and process gets streamlined substantially, which itself is more substantial than it sounds.

6 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

This reference to Uncharted just proved legend's point and you didn't even realize it. :-X

• Haha 1

I wonder what new angle will be found to concern troll about Returnal online now. ERA especially had a whole 'the game bombed and Housemarque is doomed' scenario already fully plotted out. "I don't like the game not having saves but also I haven't played it yet and therefore it's a big yikes bomb and Housemarque are arrogant assholes for making the game they actually wanted to make and will fail with that attitude". Cool story. 

12 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

You liked Drake’s Fortune that much, huh?!