Just had my first ever full on panic attack

Fizzzzle

I thought I had had one before, but oh no. I couldn't breathe, tears were streaming, there was no reason. I remember telling my host "we have to close now" and he was like "what, why?" And I told him something ridiculous. It was almost like a hallucination.

Sounds scary. As I've gotten a little older I will get some small anxiety attacks. Last time it happened was 2 weeks ago when I got my first Covid vaccine shot. Sitting in the CVS they have you sit there for 15 min after the shot. Got the shot, feeling fine with 5 min left on the clock, the pharmacist comes by and says "feeling fine?", I said yep, and not 10 seconds later I felt cold and clammy, heart rate increased, fear and shortness of breathe set in. I knew it was just in my head so I quickly pulled my phone out to play a game and it subsided slowly. Felt happy and positive right before the lady asked how I was doing, then BAM! 

7 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

It was just weird. Like nothing caused it. I was fine and then all of the sudden I was like "shut everything down, the world is about to end."

Oh, that's different! IF you were not stressed about anything leading up to that, I would definitely go see your physician and get a check up. 

I've had them since 2003. Medications have really helped but some days I'll be in a full out sweat in panic over small shit. Welcome to the club. If it continues get on medication. Down side, most meds for panic fuck your sex drive over like it did mine. It will totally change you. So you're caught in the middle of a nightmare. Like my life. :twothumbsup:

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I've had them since 2003. Medications have really helped but some days I'll be in a full out sweat in panic over small shit. Welcome to the club. If it continues get on medication. Down side, most meds for panic fuck your sex drive over like it did mine. It will totally change you. So you're caught in the middle of a nightmare. Like my life. :twothumbsup:

Nice job showing support and not planting seeds of despair. I’m sure your post won’t trigger another attack. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Nice job showing support and not planting seeds of despair. I’m sure your post won’t trigger another attack. 

Hey, if I'm going to live a miserable life I'm dragging anyone I can down with me! 

I really didn't mean it that way I was just being realistic. Panic attacks have ruined my life so it's a sore subject for me.