Official Xbox + Bethesda Game's Showcase - June 13th 1pm EST/10am PST

JPDunks4

Xbox_SaveTheDate_16x9_FINAL_JPG.jpg?fit=
NEWS.XBOX.COM

Today, we are thrilled to announce the Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase will stream on Sunday, June 13 at 10:00 a.m. PT. The show will be focused on games from Xbox Game Studios, Bethesda, and many game creators from our partners around the world. You’ve told us how excited you are about welcoming Bethesda into […]

• Like 1

I feel like Microsoft has already laid out their roadmap for games coming in the coming years, so I'm not sure what "surprises" I'd expect.

Halo Infinite and Starfield I'd expect to be the big leads.  Forza Horizon 5 I believe will be there.  But what more do they show of all the other studios projects.

I'd assume maybe announce Compulsions new project?  inXile I think is probably still too soon to show their new project.  Will Avowed, Fable, State of Decay 3, Hellblade 2 be far enough along to show gameplay?  I'd guess probably not.  

Bethesda I really don't know what to expect.  Machine Games I'd assume will have something.   Arkane and Tango we know are doing the PS5 exclusives.  id just released Doom so they won't have anything new yet.  

I'm not expecting many surprises to be honest.

I don't give a shit if it's good answers or bad answers.... I JUST WANT ANSWERS.

This speculation rollercoaster of the past few months has sucked. I know MS is being intentionally tight-lipped but damn, they haven't even released an Inside Xbox lately. This is probably the quietest they've ever been.

3 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

@JPDunks4I've seen in other threads you having posted about FH5 ... wouldn't Motorsport be the next title in the Forza franchise?

I said this last year after the Microsoft show when they showed a Forza teaser, and it being early in development. 

My theory then was that Forza Motorsport is being built for Next Gen only.  That Turn 10 waited until the Hardware was finalized, to start really tweaking the Forza Tech Engine to take advantage of all the next gen capabilities.   So I think Forza Motorsport is still farther out.

I think Playground Games, who usually release a new FH title every 2 years, is now on 3 years.  I thought it'd be safe to say they could be making a cross-gen Forza Horizon 5 that uses the existing Forza Tech engine, and just does what they normally do, make an awesome game in an all new location.  

Jeff Grubb I think was the first person to leak that a FH5 was coming this year and set in Mexico.  Then recently some Hot Wheels Forza Horizon Cars were leaked to drop in September.  So I think there seems to be some credibility that it maybe coming this fall.

• Shocked 1

I really want this year to be the year that Microsoft blows us away with an exceptional games showing.  In their best years they've been close, but they have a lot more potential nowadays with all their acquisitions and momentum.  Bethesda alone could bolster their wares on display significantly.

Tempering my expectations a little due to the pandemic.  It's sad that we even have to consider games they've announced not making the cut, though that's not totally unexpected for a console launch period.  One of these E3's they'll have their 'show of dreams' moment.  Could be this one if we're lucky.

Hoping for a Wolfenstein announcement of some kind.  I don't think many people realize how drastically the pandemic has shifted the timetable on lots of stuff.  Outside of Halo, I doubt we'll see any heavy hitters from MS until late 2022 or 2023.  But thanks to the absurd amount of first party studios they have now, once the ball gets rolling on this generation's games, the value is going to be absurd.  We'll likely start seeing incredible new stuff nearly monthly on Game Pass.