Maricopa recount too cray cray even for state’s GOP leaders

I'm genuinely curious if these diehard MAGA drones actually think that "all of these fraudulent states flip to Trump, who is given the presidency back" is an actual thing that can happen.

I know I was a complete doomposter between November and January (more so than usual anyway), but it's been stated repeatedly that there are no mechanisms in place to change election results after all of the results are ratified.

Conservative pundits seem to know this, and are just using the "audit" as fuel for outrage and a way of coping with the fact that they lost. Even the most radical voices are saying that it's going to take full-on civil war to actually re-install Trump once enough "justification" is found.  

That said, I absolutely believe that some people's brains are so broken to the point that they think Trump will just waltz back into the White House and it'll be like when Simba re-took Pride Rock.

13 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Keep in mind this is likely the same Republican playbook that they've been using for years and that Trump super charged.

You don't have to prove you're right, you just have to sling shit until some people can't tell who is right, and others can use it as an excuse to believe what they wanted to believe anyway.

It's just that we've never really seen it applied to something like a near statewide recount before. So it feels new.

It's all a pretext to justify voter restriction, but I noticed in just the past day or two there is a rift forming even among the Trump wing.

Lindsey Grahmn said yesterday he accepted the election results, but reading everything he said I think the difference becomes clear.

Republicans want to use this recount and the outrage of 2020 to win in 2022.

Trump and his true believers seem to hold some delusion of actually overturning the 2020 election and imagine some path to actually installing him back in the White House in the next year or two.

Some Republicans are starting to realize Trump is serious about this. And I think they realize if Trump goes all in on this specific delusion it could result in 2020 being a Georgia type own goal, but on a massive scale. 

1 hour ago, marioandsonic said:

That said, I absolutely believe that some people's brains are so broken to the point that they think Trump will just waltz back into the White House and it'll be like when Simba re-took Pride Rock.

Funny that you should use this analogy, because I found this image on Facebook and had to make a tweet mocking it:

5 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Funny that you should use this analogy, because I found this image on Facebook and had to make a tweet mocking it:

A year ago Trump fans would have been inexplicably labeling Scar a hero because Mufasa was a weak loser.

"I like lions who don't fall, ok?"