Israel be genociding thread

2 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

Our support for Israel has nothing to do with oil and everything to do with our own brand of Christianity. 

To clarify, the “whole thing” in my post is the ME itself. The Middle East is much larger than Israel, and the problems that folks from the region have with the US are far broader than our support of Israel. In many ways, our support of Israel is a small concern. It’s all the wars which remain tightly linked to our oil industry.

1 minute ago, Air_Delivery said:

And Israel has no interest in stopping forcibly removing Palestinians from their houses, bulldozing them and building Jewish houses on top of them. 

You are looking for a "good guy" -- and trying to pick sides.

Neither side has the moral high ground.

Just now, AbsolutSurgen said:

You are looking for a "good guy" -- and trying to pick sides.

Neither side has the moral high ground.

I'm picking the Palestinians.

If Israel stops their genocide campaign and Hamas keeps firing rockets then they are the bad guys. Until then Israel can get fucked. 

I'm picking the Palestinians.

If Israel stops their genocide campaign and Hamas keeps firing rockets then they are the bad guys. Until then Israel can get fucked. 

YXTHGLVYPA4V3J5FJONA42RTZ4.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

The Palestinian president said books by Jewish authors conclude "that animosity toward Jews was not because of their religion but because of their social activities."

This is the side you align with

Just now, sblfilms said:

WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

The Palestinian president said books by Jewish authors conclude "that animosity toward Jews was not because of their religion but because of their social activities."

Yep - that's the one I align with.  No doubt about it.

Anything else?

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Until Israel stops demolishing civilian Palestinian homes for Jewish settlements all of this is noise. 

Just now, Air_Delivery said:

I don't care about the politicians. I care about the people whose homes are being demolished. 

They believe the same thing :p 

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Yep - that's the one I align with.  No doubt about it.

Anything else?

We know you are a horrifically racist person, no need to be a try hard about it!

6 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

To clarify, the “whole thing” in my post is the ME itself. The Middle East is much larger than Israel, and the problems that folks from the region have with the US are far broader than our support of Israel. In many ways, our support of Israel is a small concern. It’s all the wars which remain tightly linked to our oil industry.

Agreed.  I think it predates the US involvement, and predates oil.  But certainly in a modern context, oil has become a much bigger deal.

2 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

One has a higher moral ground than the other, and it ain't the one that receives $3 billion a year in weapons aid from the United States.

One could have the perspective that the reason most Sunni nations are no longer advocating on behalf of the largely Sunni Palestinan cause is that they no longer believe that the Palestinans are looking for peace.

Some might see it as strange that the Palestinian's largest supporters is Iran, which largely is antagonistic with any other country that doesn't adhere to their brand of shia.  I wonder if that has more to do with the conflict that the Palestinians have with the US and Israel.

6 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Agreed.  I think it predates the US involvement, and predates oil.  But certainly in a modern context, oil has become a much bigger deal.

One could have the perspective that the reason most Sunni nations are no longer advocating on behalf of the largely Sunni Palestinan cause is that they no longer believe that the Palestinans are looking for peace.

Some might see it as strange that the Palestinian's largest supporters is Iran, which largely is antagonistic with any other country that doesn't adhere to their brand of shia.  I wonder if that has more to do with the conflict that the Palestinians have with the US and Israel.

The Sunni Arab nations are no longer advocating for the Palestinians because they see no political/economic point in doing so.  The Sunni Arab nations never gave a damn about the Palestinians to begin with - they were useful pawns to be used and discarded during the Cold War.  I'm under no illusions about the benevolence of the Sunni Arab autocracies when it came to the Palestinians.

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

They believe the same thing :p 

And Israel wants to genocide Palestinians right now.

Why is the Holocaust held up as some untouchable event that has no equal? There have been worse genocides that no one talks about and there are genocides going on right now that no one gives a shit about.

Why is the Holocaust held up as some untouchable event that has no equal? There have been worse genocides that no one talks about and there are genocides going on right now that no one gives a shit about.

We found the anti-Semite 

2 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The Sunni nations are no longer advocating for the Palestinians because they see no political/economic point in doing so.  The Sunni Arab nations never gave a damn about the Palestinians to begin with - they were useful pawns to be used and discarded during the Cold War.  I'm under no illusions about the benevolence of the Sunni Arab autocracies when it came to the Palestinians.

No one in the middle east gives a damn about anyone about themselves.

5 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

That comment shows a complete lack of historical context.

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I beg your pardon?

The OTHER anti-semite

I rather live in the now than 80 years ago. 

Downplaying the Holocaust is not a pre-req of living in the now, you dork

Any peaceful solution to peace in a hypothetical united Palestine would, by necessity, require the complete dismantlement of both governments and a new one that has no basis in religion (that's gonna be a "no" from a lot of people on both sides, but especially the Palestinians), guaranteed equal rights and representation for everyone (also gonna be a "no"), along with reparations to the people of Gaza in some form (that's a "fuck off" from Israel).

Basically, I see no way this ends with anything other than lots of bloodshed.

4 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

The OTHER anti-semite

Downplaying the Holocaust is not a pre-req of living in the now, you dork

I'm not downplaying it. It has been plenty played without me.

I'm just more concerned with current genocides than 80 year old genocides. Like for instance the one thats going on in Israel right now.

What Israel is doing is worse than what some moron politician says. If you emphasize the latter you are downplaying what is currently going on. 

2 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Any peaceful solution to peace in a hypothetical united Palestine would, by necessity, require the complete dismantlement of both governments and a new one that has no basis in religion (that's gonna be a "no" from a lot of people on both sides, but especially the Palestinians), guaranteed equal rights and representation for everyone (also gonna be a "no"), along with reparations to the people of Gaza in some form (that's a "fuck off" from Israel).

Basically, I see no way this ends with anything other than lots of bloodshed.

Having a government with no basis in religion is very difficult for a bunch of religious zealots.  

I'm not downplaying it. It has been plenty played without me.

I'm just more concerned with current genocides than 80 year old genocides. Like for instance the one thats going on in Israel right now.

More than 50% of the Jewish population in Europe was killed in less than 10 years.  What genocide are you talking about?

2 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

More than 50% of the Jewish population in Europe was killed in less than 10 years.  What genocide are you talking about?

Our own Native American genocide is a fun starter. Or Uyghurs no one is lifting a god damn finger to help right now. 

People get all huffy about the holocaust but still buy Made in China shit. 

Christopher Hitchens best described the moral culpability of Israel relative to the Palestinians and why the claims the neither side has the "moral high ground" are simply non-starters:

“Suppose that a man leaps out of a burning building—as my dear friend and colleague Jeff Goldberg sat and said to my face over a table at La Tomate in Washington not two years ago—and lands on a bystander in the street below. Now, make the burning building be Europe, and the luckless man underneath be the Palestinian Arabs. Is this a historical injustice? Has the man below been made a victim, with infinite cause of complaint and indefinite justification for violent retaliation? My own reply would be a provisional 'no,' but only on these conditions. The man leaping from the burning building must still make such restitution as he can to the man who broke his fall, and must not pretend that he never even landed on him. And he must base his case on the singularity and uniqueness of the original leap. It can't, in other words, be 'leap, leap, leap' for four generations and more. The people underneath cannot be expected to tolerate leaping on this scale and of this duration, if you catch my drift. In Palestine, tread softly, for you tread on their dreams. And do not tell the Palestinians that they were never fallen upon and bruised in the first place. Do not shame yourself with the cheap lie that they were told by their leaders to run away. Also, stop saying that nobody knew how to cultivate oranges in Jaffa until the Jews showed them how. 'Making the desert bloom'—one of Yvonne's stock phrases—makes desert dwellers out of people who were the agricultural superiors of the Crusaders.”

It has effectively been "leap leap leap" since 1917.

Our own Native American genocide is a fun starter. Or Uyghurs no one is lifting a god damn finger to help right now. 

People are all huffy about the holocaust but still buy Made in China shit. 

I've been a big advocate of formally recognizing the atrocities against Uyghur's, and recognizing the current cold war against China.  I do my best to avoid buying made in China.

Please define "our own" Native American genocide. 

6 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Christopher Hitchens best described the moral culpability of Israel relative to the Palestinians and why the claims the neither side has the "moral high ground" are simply non-starters:

The launching of missiles indiscriminately into Israel, largely at civilian targets has no defence.  It is a war crime.  Defending a war crime by suggesting the other side is immoral/is committing war crimes doesn't make it better.

Targeting civilian populations is, and always will be, evil.

2 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I've been a big advocate of formally recognizing the atrocities against Uyghur's, and recognizing the current cold war against China.  I do my best to avoid buying made in China.

Please define "our own" Native American genocide. 

Trail of tears, Battle of Wounded Knee, Indian Removal Act etc etc. I mean I assume you had 11th grade US History. 

People who were here before us were violently removed from their native lands and relocated.