Starfield - Information Thread, update (06/09): "Shattered Space" expansion trailer

SaysWho?

8 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I'd show you the previous exchange but it got deleted.

BTW, I have no idea why you're trying to keep this going.

Oh, I'm not. I was litteraly joking about it because it was really harmless. I'll drop it like it's hot. 

However, if you're an intergalactic criminal looking to steal ships for salvage, it might genuinely be more profitable—and easier—to just raid your victim's pantries. Sandwich lady, I'm sorry we ever doubted you.

• Haha 2

In the city of New Atlantis, capital of the United Colonies, Kent, a courier pilot, aspires to live in the most desirable part of the settled systems. After joining the UC Vanguard and working his way up to the Capital’s elite, Kent quickly realizes the adventures waiting for him off-planet are what he truly longed for.

Vanna—an Akila City orphan of the famous Colony Wars—desperately wants to explore the stars and only one thing stands in her way: a broken ship. Her search for repair parts leads her throughout the city, and into some unexpected danger, as she closes in on her dream.

Two Neon street rats, Ada and Harper, are partners in crime eking out a living stealing from the wealthy partygoers that come to the “pleasure city” to let loose. When Ada is forced into a moral dilemma, she quickly catches the attention of the all-seeing Ryujin Industries, bringing her an exciting new opportunity. But at what cost?

• Halal 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Starfield (06 September 2023) - Information Thread, update: The Settled Systems - A Starfield Animated Anthology
g5MUkiweHaRPVVkV2TQnAM-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

The Settled Systems – A Starfield Animated Anthology is a series of three animated shorts that sets the mood for Bethesda's upcoming RPG.

The videos don't reveal much about what we can look forward to in the game, but the presence of mechs in the Where Hope is Built episode has fans in the Starfield subreddit wondering if they'll be able to do some blasting and slugging with giant fighting robots at some point. Todd Howard has previously said there will be no land vehicles in the game, which seems clear enough, but hope dies hard, especially since there was also a mech tease in the official gameplay trailer (you can see one at 1:06, though it appears to be defunct). And hey, is a big robot really a vehicle anyway? 

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I swear if this ends up being a 95 or higher on metacritic I am going to literally cry

It would be a miracle for it to reach that. It's going to have a ton of bugs for one that will drag the score down. Plus it probably won't run well AND won't be as detailed as it's claiming to be. If I'm wrong that would be shocking. 

If this game has mechs... I'm not gonna get my hopes up. Bethesdas in house developed games have a ton of Jank but dang if they don't pull me in for a chunk of hours. Just hoping it doesn't get repetitive after 20-30 hrs. Worried about it being a slightly better No Man's Sky which I can't be interested in no matter how many updates or how many second chances I give it