The Troubles Part II

57127617_6.jpg
WWW.DW.COM

Crowds in Belfast set a hijacked bus on fire with petrol bombs and hurled stones at police as unrest continued in the region. The British prime minister expressed his deep concern over the violence.

Crowds of mostly young men in a pro-British area of the Northern Irish city of Belfast set a hijacked bus on fire with petrol bombs and attacked police with stones in the latest outbreak of violence that erupted last week.

In recent days protesters have burned cars and hurled Molotov cocktails and chunks of stone at police in several towns across Northern Ireland.

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said he was "deeply concerned" by the growing disorder.

The renewed violence comes amid growing frustration in the pro-British unionist community at new trade barriers between Northern Ireland and the rest of the United Kingdom that resulted from Britain's exit from the European Union.

5 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

The renewed violence comes amid growing frustration in the pro-British unionist community at new trade barriers between Northern Ireland and the rest of the United Kingdom that resulted from Britain's exit from the European Union.

Who could have predicted this. It's bloody Remainer sabotage, innit! :angry:

5 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

This seems a little convoluted.

So the pro-British Irish population is instigating the violence because they are mad about the situation caused by Brexit(which they likely supported to begin with).

Is that right?

They probably didn't. I think Scotland, NI, and Wales were opposed.

8 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

This seems a little convoluted.

So the pro-British Irish population is instigating the violence because they are mad about the situation caused by Brexit(which they likely supported to begin with).

Is that right?

2 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

NI and Scotland voted against Brexit, Wales voted in favor.

1 minute ago, Zaku3 said:

And I just looked at the EU vote for northern ireland results and the belfast area (north, south, east, and west belfast constituencies at least) look to have gone for stay by a ~2-1 margin in total. Add in younger people (who I'm assuming are doing the damage) overall largely voted for remain and these don't seem like the vote to leave type