South Dakota Attorney General facing pressure to resign after new video raises questions over deadly hit-and-run (victim's glasses found in AG's car)

ap_19252714160934_wide-6a34a93903c008d3d
WWW.NPR.ORG

Interrogation videos released Tuesday raise questions about Jason Ravnsborg's conduct in the Sept. 12 car crash, with investigators saying at one point that the victim's glasses were found in his car.

At one point, investigators said that a pair of broken glasses was found inside the attorney general's car and that the glasses could have gotten there only by Boever's face entering through the windshield.

"We know that his face came through your windshield," one of the investigators said, in an exchange reported by South Dakota Public Broadcasting. "That's, I would think, substantially clear that that's what happened. We also have the imprint on the hood where his body, part of his body, likely was riding. At some point [in] time, he rolls off, takes out the mirror and slides into the ditch."

At another moment in the interrogation, investigators pressed Ravnsborg about whether he had seen the flashlight Boever was carrying, which he repeatedly denied. They said the bright light would have been "hard to miss" in the darkness, noting that the light was still on when they arrived at the scene the next day and that a witness had seen Boever walking with it.

Later on, an investigator told Ravnsborg that he had assumed the role of Boever in a re-creation of the scene, wearing similar clothing and carrying the same flashlight to see what Ravnsborg would have been able to see.

"It's pretty apparent that you were not looking at the road when that happened," he said.

It's the latest fallout from the Sept. 12 incident in which Ravnsborg, while driving home from an evening Republican fundraiser, fatally struck 55-year-old Joe Boever along the side of U.S. Highway 14 near Highmore, S.D. In his initial 911 call, as well as in a subsequent two-page public statement, Ravnsborg said he believed his car had hit a deer or some other large animal and did not know he had killed a man until he returned to the accident scene the following day and discovered Boever's body.

38 minutes ago, outsida said:

200.gif

When we found out my wife was pregnant with our third child, we made a short film which involved my wife for some reason sending me a package to our house that arrived while my brothers and I were playing a long game of LOTR Risk. My brother opens the box and tells me to look in the box, to which I shout "WHAT'S IN THE BOX?" a couple of times. In the box is the pregnancy test. This is how we announced the pregnancy.

I AM A WEIRDO

Just now, sblfilms said:

When we found out my wife was pregnant with your third child, we made a short film which involved my wife for some reason sending me a package to our house that arrived while my brothers and I were playing a long game of LOTR Risk. My brother opens the box and tells me to look in the box, to which I shout "WHAT'S IN THE BOX?" a couple of times. In the box if the pregnancy test. This is how we announced the pregnancy.

I AM A WEIRDO

I know it's just a typo, but this made me double take. 

• Haha 6