Opera GX

Fizzzzle

I'm just trying out this browser, it seems pretty dope. You can control the amount of RAM and CPU power it uses, you can force dark mode on pages that don't have it (like Google), you can have discord notifications in your browser, you can get twitch notifications if that's your thing, it's got a game deals aggregator built in, it has a built in ad blocker and a free VPN (though I never trust free VPNs). At this point I'm waiting for someone to tell me it's secretly run by Chinese mind control bots or something, otherwise I don't see why not to use this browser.

5 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

I'm just trying out this browser, it seems pretty dope. You can control the amount of RAM and CPU power it uses, you can force dark mode on pages that don't have it (like Google), you can have discord notifications in your browser, you can get twitch notifications if that's your thing, it's got a game deals aggregator built in, it has a built in ad blocker and a free VPN (though I never trust free VPNs). At this point I'm waiting for someone to tell me it's secretly run by Chinese mind control bots or something, otherwise I don't see why not to use this browser.

Joe Biden Reaction GIF by Election 2020

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yeah it's Chinese. Don't use it.

I love Opera's software. Yes, they switched over to Chromium and yes they were bought up by a bunch of Chinese firms, but they're still based out of Oslo so I wouldn't really worry about any of the things many folks normally worry about when it comes to Chinese software.

That said, unless someone has changed in recent years, it doesn't have a real VPN. It just bounces your data through a proxy in whatever country Opera has a server in.

Now that I think about it, Opera is actually one of the oldest pieces of software, outside of anything by Microsoft, that's that I've continuously used for more than 20 years now. I still think their Presto days were better before Google went and threw a bunch of money at them.