Every Kingdom Hearts Game Coming to PC via EGS (March 30)

Keyser_Soze

No need for me to pick up the older ones on PC.  I think they're 4k/60 on the Pro?  Already have them.

I'll be interested in KH3 on PC at some point.  The Remind DLC has never been under $20 or packaged in, plus KHIII has performance issues.  By the time I actually get around to these games hopefully it'll be dirt cheap.

• 1 month later...

All the games are 20% off, so $39.99 - $47.99 depending on the game. Still too much for the older games, but I'm trying out KH3 and it definitely kicks the shit out of the awful console version. Silky smooth 120 FPS at 4k with absolutely maxed settings (even has an LoD setting that just... gets rid of LoDs, everything is just always at max detail at any distance, a feature that frankly more games need for futureproofing in my opinion, looks FANTASTIC) and with native HDR.

Compared to the PS4 version, which felt especially sluggish after coming off of KH2 (was replaying all the KH titles when 3 was about to hit) that ran at 60 on the PS4, it just made everything about 3 feel worse in comparison.

That combined with the new difficulty plus the pro codes where you can disable all the overpowered BS that made you basically invincible, and I think I'm going to enjoy this game significantly more than my first time through. The combat alone just feels so much more fluid and smooth at a super high frame rate. And the game legit looks great at 4k with max settings, it was okay looking on the PS4 but far from flawless.

These are the kinds of titles I keep saying Epic should focus on for EGS exclusivity. Console-only titles that may or may not have ever come out on PC. Maybe this would've been on Steam otherwise, but I have no way of knowing that. If they keep bringing over games I don't think will hit PC, that's an actual feature they can put on their shitty store that has actual, real value to me and will get me spending.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

These are the kinds of titles I keep saying Epic should focus on for EGS exclusivity. Console-only titles that may or may not have ever come out on PC. Maybe this would've been on Steam otherwise, but I have no way of knowing that. If they keep bringing over games I don't think will hit PC, that's an actual feature they can put on their shitty store that has actual, real value to me and will get me spending.

I'm pretty sure this is just timed like everything else they have.

Correction: Tested the FPS with a counter to help Stepee figure out if it's locked at 120 as his display isn't currently capable of VRR, running around and fighting, it bounces between 111 and 120 FPS. Felt like locked 120 with gsync but you might MAYBE notice those dips without VRR? Either way, locking it to 120 should be trivial as I have everything maxed at native 4k, which means there's a toooon of room to gain performance with likely indiscernible hits on visual quality.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Correction: Tested the FPS with a counter to help Stepee figure out if it's locked at 120 as his display isn't currently capable of VRR, running around and fighting, it bounces between 111 and 120 FPS. Felt like locked 120 with gsync but you might MAYBE notice those dips without VRR? Either way, locking it to 120 should be trivial as I have everything maxed at native 4k, which means there's a toooon of room to gain performance with likely indiscernible hits on visual quality.

Yeah the dips fighting are noticeable but a 10% res reduction you can’t notice seems to have fixed that at least early on! Didn’t expect this to mostly run 4k/120 at all, it’s quite stunning!

Man this port is really surprising! Seriously it’s running twice as well as I thought it might with no dlss or anything and it was already one of the better looking game imo and even more so now. Make one pretty game on Luminous then make everything else on UE4, thanks,