SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium Out for Switch and now Steam!

Keyser_Soze

SNK-Capcom-Neo-Geo-Pocket-Color_01-22-21
WWW.GEMATSU.COM

The Game Rating and Administration Committee of Korea has rated SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium for Switch. SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium is a Neo Geo Pocket Color title…

The Game Rating and Administration Committee of Korea has rated SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium for Switch.

SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium is a Neo Geo Pocket Color title released in December 1999. It features 26 playable characters from SNK and Capcom, and is likely the next entry in SNK’s “Neo Geo Pocket Color Selection” series for Switch.

Had no idea that NGPCS was a thing. 🤔

Man I wish I still liked fighting games. Getting off of work in college, riding my bike to the local Blockbuster and perusing the used games section is one of my fondest memories. I got X-men Children of the Atom, Marvel Superheroes, Street Fighter Alpha 3 and so many more on Playstation for ten bucks a pop. Grabbed a Dreamcast at launch and had fighting tournaments with friends on SF vs SNK, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Street Fighter 3 Third Strike. Good times.

Now I'm just old and lonely.

On 1/22/2021 at 4:24 AM, gamer.tv said:

I really really liked my NGPC.

Hey, another NGPC owner. I loved mine. I'm still looking for a not crappy gamepad I can use on PC with a micro switch joystick liked the one on the NGPC and NGCD. There's like the PDP Versus and...old PS2 or PS3 versions of the NGCD gamepad.

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

Hey, another NGPC owner. I loved mine. I'm still looking for a not crappy gamepad I can use on PC with a micro switch joystick liked the one on the NGPC and NGCD. There's like the PDP Versus and...old PS2 or PS3 versions of the NGCD gamepad.

Oh nice I know there are a handful of us NGPC owners here. But I always forget who they are, lol. 

I’m not aware of a good substitute for PC play, but playing some of these games on Switch feels okay. Have you tried those?

Nothing beats the OG “clicky stick” IMO, though.

10 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Oh nice I know there are a handful of us NGPC owners here. But I always forget who they are, lol. 

I’m not aware of a good substitute for PC play, but playing some of these games on Switch feels okay. Have you tried those?

Nothing beats the OG “clicky stick” IMO, though.

I haven't tried any of them on the Switch. This game and KoF R2 were my favorite fighters on the handheld. It was seriously a great little thing. Anyone that picked it up was instantly sold, especially once they touched that clicky stick. Like I said, this is the closest you can get to that these days...

WWW.AMAZON.COM

I don't know of any other gamepad with clicky microswitches in a directional stick and that makes me sad.

@Ghost_MH

Right on. Yeah that little handheld had a bunch of great fighters. It was so cool and that clicky stick is so satisfying, lol. 

This is (kinda) embarrassing, but to be honest, my favorite game on the system is actually...Pac-Man. Yeah, it’s a simple and classic game...but it’s also one I can play with one hand while chilling in a chair or whatever, haha. 😎 

1 hour ago, GameDadGrant said:

@Ghost_MH

Right on. Yeah that little handheld had a bunch of great fighters. It was so cool and that clicky stick is so satisfying, lol. 

This is (kinda) embarrassing, but to be honest, my favorite game on the system is actually...Pac-Man. Yeah, it’s a simple and classic game...but it’s also one I can play with one hand while chilling in a chair or whatever, haha. 😎 

Pac-Man was good, but I was all about action and fighters. Sonic was so good and the Metal Slug games were the best Metal Slug games ever made to be played by humans and wasn't designed to just eat quarters.

SNK needs to stop with the mini Neo Geos and release an all in one NGPC.

Man I still miss my NGPC. I use to have a near complete collection with dups but I traded a 2nd unit and some games to a friend (for a GBC so I could play MGS:GB) and then much later sold off the rest of my stuff. Atm I only re-bought a boxed copy of Snk Vs Cap I saw at a game store (it was in near perfect shape). I'm still holding out for possibly buying a Analogue pocket once they come out (they'll end up with a second batch with how quickly the first batch sold).

• 3 weeks later...
  • Keyser_Soze changed the title to SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium Out for Switch
On 1/22/2021 at 10:08 AM, XxEvil AshxX said:

Man I wish I still liked fighting games. Getting off of work in college, riding my bike to the local Blockbuster and perusing the used games section is one of my fondest memories. I got X-men Children of the Atom, Marvel Superheroes, Street Fighter Alpha 3 and so many more on Playstation for ten bucks a pop. Grabbed a Dreamcast at launch and had fighting tournaments with friends on SF vs SNK, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Street Fighter 3 Third Strike. Good times.

Now I'm just old and lonely.

Check the GG strive beta this week if you have a ps4 or ps5. The net code is looking god like. Streamers from the US were playing other players in Korea and Japan with no issues.

• Keyser_Soze changed the title to SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium Out for Switch and now Steam!