NFL Week 13 - Part 1: Normally Scheduled Games | Part 2: The Commisoner's Favorite Team's Games

Keyser_Soze

spacer.png

I find it kind of humorous that after all the shuffling of the schedule around that they played Steelers vs Ravens to Wednesday and had to move the Thursday night game (originally Ravens vs Cowboys) to Tuesday. Why didn't they just put Steelers vs Ravens on Thursday and then move Ravens and Cowboys to Wednesday? (Thursday?) I dunno play two games on Thursday who gives a fuck?

I know I’m saying this as a Jets fan, but...

I’ve long maintained that the NFL is riddled with shit coaches and managers, and a season like this really drives it home. I feel like 5 teams are competently run, and the rest are anywhere from barely managed to badly managed. The Steelers have to be the worst undefeated team I’ve ever seen, by a long shot.

BTW, that "inaccurate" and "mistake prone" QB, as referenced by the SF media and their fandom heading into last night (or just about a 60-40 split across the country's talking football heads that feel the same way), is the 5th most accurate QB in the NFL by QBs that have thrown more than 100 passes (69.9%) (6-6 on throws of 20+ last night), is tied for 6th in TD passes (26), tied for third in total TDs (33) with Pat Mahomes and Russell Wilson (4 behind Aaron Rodgers), 5th in the NFL in yards passing, one of only two QBs (Mahomes the other) to have a QB rating of 80 or above against zone and man coverage this year, only the 3rd QB in the modern era (including Tom Brady, the other "may" be Brees) to account for 16 tds against another division during a season, has the League's 7th highest passer rating (105.9) while playing in one of the most god awful places for a QB to play, is 24-12 in games he has started and finished (24-15, overall), has 81 combined TDs which are the most from any QB drafted in 2018, was on the injury report and wearing a shoulder brace during his first two losses, and but for a Hail Mary pass would have won during the third loss and would be on a six game win streak...

...and if you guys are tired of reading the stuff I roll out about this kid, how tired do you think I am to still keep reading and hearing things like, "...AND!?!", "So what, everybody has been beaten that defense...nothing special here (LeBatard and Bomonti Jones after a 415 yard,  4TD performance against the then #1 NFC Seahawks)?!

He is not the best QB in the league and I am not making the claim that he is, whatsoever.  

And no one has to sit there and bow down to the kid.

...I'm just thinking maybe there could be far less scrunched up faces when people are asked whether he is good or not.

2 hours ago, johnny said:

Josh Allen has made a tremendous jump this season. All the criticisms said about him were 100% true going into the season though. 

Of which year he was a playoff QB with 29 total tds and a completion percentage of 60, and it continues through this year.

14 minutes ago, BuckFly said:

Of which year he was a playoff QB with 29 total tds and a completion percentage of 60, and it continues through this year.

A guy can make the playoffs and still have a lot of questions. His 58% completion percentage was good for... 32nd in the league last year (would be 31st this year). He also had some horrible plays in that playoff game they could have won if he played decent. 

This year his completion percentage is 4th in the league at 69.9. Huge difference. 

2 hours ago, BuckFly said:

BTW, that "inaccurate" and "mistake prone" QB, as referenced by the SF media and their fandom heading into last night (or just about a 60-40 split across the country's talking football heads that feel the same way), is the 5th most accurate QB in the NFL by QBs that have thrown more than 100 passes (69.9%) (6-6 on throws of 20+ last night), is tied for 6th in TD passes (26), tied for third in total TDs (33) with Pat Mahomes and Russell Wilson (4 behind Aaron Rodgers), 5th in the NFL in yards passing, one of only two QBs (Mahomes the other) to have a QB rating of 80 or above against zone and man coverage this year, only the 3rd QB in the modern era (including Tom Brady, the other "may" be Brees) to account for 16 tds against another division during a season, has the League's 7th highest passer rating (105.9) while playing in one of the most god awful places for a QB to play, is 24-12 in games he has started and finished (24-15, overall), has 81 combined TDs which are the most from any QB drafted in 2018, was on the injury report and wearing a shoulder brace during his first two losses, and but for a Hail Mary pass would have won during the third loss and would be on a six game win streak...

...and if you guys are tired of reading the stuff I roll out about this kid, how tired do you think I am to still keep reading and hearing things like, "...AND!?!", "So what, everybody has been beaten that defense...nothing special here (LeBatard and Bomonti Jones after a 415 yard,  4TD performance against the then #1 NFC Seahawks)?!

He is not the best QB in the league and I am not making the claim that he is, whatsoever.  

And no one has to sit there and bow down to the kid.

...I'm just thinking maybe there could be far less scrunched up faces when people are asked whether he is good or not.

33 minutes ago, BuckFly said:

He is clearly a top 10 QB this year -- an argument could be made for top 5. 

Last year he was 28th in DYAR and DVOA, 26th in QBR and 19th in passer rating. 

That 59.4% completion percentage was 33rd (of 34 qualifying QBs with more than 200 passes).

Player C%
D. Brees 75.50%
R. Tannehill 71.00%
D. Carr 70.90%
J. Garoppolo 69.40%
K. Cousins 69.30%
T. Bridgewater 68.20%
D. Watson 67.70%
M. Ryan 66.90%
P. Rivers 66.70%
R. Wilson 66.50%
L. Jackson 66.40%
P. Mahomes 66.10%
J. Flacco 65.80%
D. Prescott 65.30%
C. Keenum 65.30%
K. Murray 65.00%
M. Stafford 64.70%
C. Wentz 64.00%
M. Trubisky 63.60%
J. Goff 63.20%
M. Rudolph 62.40%
A. Rodgers 62.30%
R. Fitzpatrick 62.30%
S. Darnold 62.20%
K. Allen 62.20%
D. Jones 61.90%
J. Brissett 61.50%
T. Brady 61.40%
J. Winston 61.30%
G. Minshew 60.80%
A. Dalton 60.40%
B. Mayfield 59.70%
J. Allen 59.40%
D. Haskins 58.90%

2 hours ago, johnny said:

Josh Allen has made a tremendous jump this season. All the criticisms said about him were 100% true going into the season though. 

32 minutes ago, johnny said:

A guy can make the playoffs and still have a lot of questions. His 58% completion percentage was good for... 32nd in the league last year (would be 31st this year). He also had some horrible plays in that playoff game they could have won if he played decent. 

This year his completion percentage is 4th in the league at 69.9. Huge difference. 

3 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

He is clearly a top 10 QB this year -- an argument could be made for top 5. 

Last year he was 28th in DYAR and DVOA, 26th in QBR and 19th in passer rating. 

That 59.4% completion percentage was 33rd (of 34 qualifying QBs with more than 200 passes).

Player C%
D. Brees 75.50%
R. Tannehill 71.00%
D. Carr 70.90%
J. Garoppolo 69.40%
K. Cousins 69.30%
T. Bridgewater 68.20%
D. Watson 67.70%
M. Ryan 66.90%
P. Rivers 66.70%
R. Wilson 66.50%
L. Jackson 66.40%
P. Mahomes 66.10%
J. Flacco 65.80%
D. Prescott 65.30%
C. Keenum 65.30%
K. Murray 65.00%
M. Stafford 64.70%
C. Wentz 64.00%
M. Trubisky 63.60%
J. Goff 63.20%
M. Rudolph 62.40%
A. Rodgers 62.30%
R. Fitzpatrick 62.30%
S. Darnold 62.20%
K. Allen 62.20%
D. Jones 61.90%
J. Brissett 61.50%
T. Brady 61.40%
J. Winston 61.30%
G. Minshew 60.80%
A. Dalton 60.40%
B. Mayfield 59.70%
J. Allen 59.40%
D. Haskins 58.90%

Respect you guys, you know I do, and I do so appreciate the 2019 stats.

The problem is I was talking about 2020, and the duration, or rather persistence of the perception in 2020, and other than the career tds numbers and wins I am not sure how much I delved into his performance prior to this year.  

I know what I saw is at least a bit true, because you guys are working really hard to go back in time...no worries, as it is what a lot out there are trying to do.

12 minutes ago, BuckFly said:

Respect you guys, you know I do, and I do so appreciate the 2019 stats.

The problem is I was talking about 2020, and the duration, or rather persistence of the perception in 2020, and other than the career tds numbers and wins I am not sure how much I delved into his performance prior to this year.  

I know what I saw is at least a bit true, because you guys are working really hard to go back in time...no worries, as it is what a lot out there are trying to do.

I said he was a top 10 QB this year -- maybe top 5.  How is that undermining you?

Last year (and in 2018) -- he wasn't.

The perceptions of "how good" QBs are last way longer than they should.  Ryan Tannehill and Derek Carr have both played really well for two years -- and still get very little respect.  [This year was widely called a make-it-or-break-it year for Carr, even though in 2019 he was 6th in DYAR, 8th in DVOA, 10th in QBR, and 8th in Passer Rating.]  The talking heads on TV don't ever want to admit they were wrong .

46 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I said he was a top 10 QB this year -- maybe top 5.  How is that undermining you?

Last year (and in 2018) -- he wasn't.

The perceptions of "how good" QBs are last way longer than they should.  Ryan Tannehill and Derek Carr have both played really well for two years -- and still get very little respect.  [This year was widely called a make-it-or-break-it year for Carr, even though in 2019 he was 6th in DYAR, 8th in DVOA, 10th in QBR, and 8th in Passer Rating.]  The talking heads on TV don't ever want to admit they were wrong .

...let me explain it this way...

"He is clearly a top 10 QB this year -- an argument could be made for top 5. 

[LEAVE THIS SPACE BLANK] "

That's my point.  

I can also spit out details of what was good in 2019...like he led the NFL in 4th quarter comebacks, was 10-4 in games that he started and finished in 2019, and after the Pats game his tds to int was 17-3.  

However, that's not my point.

It is fairly unrelenting, and because I see it more than you that it is "what's the big deal?" or the "not buying it."

And this was an initially a "project QB" who had to play 20 minutes into his first game in 2018.  He has gotten progressively better each year...and there's proof.

GOOD YOUR COMMENTS.  IT'S APPRECIATED.  GOOD FROM JOHNNY, TOO.  When I went off above, though, i wasn't talking about you guys (unless you guys are on TV and radio and you've been hiding it ;)).

SO what is there not to "buy into" for a possibly top five QB, with a greater than average difficulty schedule against teams with winning records, completing a number of passes, at a high percentage, for a lot of yards  and tds, winning  games with his arm, and who can also run for lots of TDs for a QB?

Again...and very respectfully, I am not asking you, I am commenting on what I have heard and read...and that was my original post.  Which was (sorry) proved by you guys coming in and, "Yeah, yeah, fine, fine, good...BUT, LET'S GO BACK."

Derek Carr is great...that's it.  I honestly believe it.  It's not, '"Derek Carr is great, BUT HE CAN WIN FOR SHIT, I MEAN LET'S GO BACK A HALF A DECADE.  CAN'T PUT THE TEAM ON HIS BACK."  It's not on Carr all the time and it wasn't on a young, project Allen all the time.  Lord above, Absolut, in 2018 his number 1 receiver was ZAY JONES!!!

A.S., I am not saying that about Carr to be jerk.  Honestly, you know I mean what I say about Carr.

...but do you get me a little bit on this?  

:thumbup::mhug: