The Nioh Collection announced for PS5, releasing 2/5/21, frame rates up to 120fps, free upgrades if you have PS4 versions

SaysWho?

50594322277_116f81ce5d_o.jpg
BLOG.PLAYSTATION.COM

Celebrate the franchise’s 4-year anniversary with remastered editions of both games featuring 4K and up to 120FPS support.

On February 5 2021, the following titles will be simultaneously released to celebrate the four year anniversary of the Nioh franchise:

Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition (available on PlayStation 4)
Nioh 2 Remastered – The Complete Edition (available on PlayStation 5)
Nioh Remastered – The Complete Edition (available on PlayStation 5)
The Nioh Collection (available on PlayStation 5)

If you would like all of this content in one convenient place, we have the perfect title for all of your Nioh needs. Get ready to relive the entire series with all DLC included for both titles in The Nioh Collection for PlayStation 5. 

All of the titles available on PlayStation 5 will support 4K resolution for crystal clear visuals, up to 120 FPS gameplay** for silky smooth combat, ultra-fast load times and the ability to transfer your data from the PS4 versions to pick up your journey right where you left off

For those of you who are looking to continue your demon slaying journey in Nioh 2 onto PlayStation 5 from your PlayStation 4, there are two upgrade routes for you to take***:

Players that own Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition on PS4 can upgrade to Nioh 2 Remastered – The Complete Edition on PS5 at no additional cost. 

Players that own Nioh 2 on PS4 can upgrade to the base game – Nioh 2 Remastered on PS5, and receive the PS5 version of any DLC expansions they own on PS4. 

Upgrades for disc copies of PS4 versions are only available if you have a PlayStation 5 console with Ultra HD Blu-Ray disc drive***. To obtain your upgrade, you will need to insert your PS4 game disc into your PlayStation 5 console with Ultra HD Blu-Ray disc drive, navigate to the Game Hub and select the upgrade offer to download the corresponding digital PS5 remastered version of the game, which you can then play while your PS4 disc is in the drive.

31 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

I only own the complete edition of the first game. Will I get the PS5 version of that for free? Their different scenarios were descriptive but didn't really say that so I'm guessing no. 

Was wondering the same. I'd love a reason to replay the first Nioh. They don't mention it so I assume no?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm worried it'll be too much like Nioh 1, which I enjoyed for the first two levels and almost instantly lost interest in once it switched from Dark Souls-style, tightly designed maps to a weird level select map with missions so basic they nearly felt procedurally generated. 

I'll give this one a shot though. Instead of going in with hopes and expectations based on a really interesting demo/beta, I'll just go in hoping to have a good time. I still get bummed thinking about the beginning of Nioh and what it devolved into, like they were building one game, found out how difficult it was to get even two good stages out, and then just gave up. 

But it's been long enough, let's give it another shot. 

44 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I'm worried it'll be too much like Nioh 1, which I enjoyed for the first two levels and almost instantly lost interest in once it switched from Dark Souls-style, tightly designed maps to a weird level select map with missions so basic they nearly felt procedurally generated. 

I'll give this one a shot though. Instead of going in with hopes and expectations based on a really interesting demo/beta, I'll just go in hoping to have a good time. I still get bummed thinking about the beginning of Nioh and what it devolved into, like they were building one game, found out how difficult it was to get even two good stages out, and then just gave up. 

I look forward to seeing which is more brutal, the gameplay or your review of it! :daydream:

• Shocked 1

3 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Level and encounter design in the Nioh 2 demos were the exact same thing as Nioh after the first two stages. Pretty much the reason I didn't buy it. 

On 2/5/2021 at 2:08 PM, Mr.Vic20 said:

Nioh at 120FPS in 4K is very nice! Just arrived at the first boss and was promptly pasted, but still enjoying myself! :sun:

I'd like to know what kind of system you have to be getting 4k/120, or what your settings are. Game kind of runs like butt. If I turn it to 1440p and the effects setting to low, I can stay at mostly 120 FPS, but 4k with effects on high and it's a rollercoaster frame rate that frankly seems broken. Especially as the game looks like a mid-gen PS4 title, and that's being generous.

2 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I'd like to know what kind of system you have to be getting 4k/120, or what your settings are. Game kind of runs like butt. If I turn it to 1440p and the effects setting to low, I can stay at mostly 120 FPS, but 4k with effects on high and it's a rollercoaster frame rate that frankly seems broken. Especially as the game looks like a mid-gen PS4 title, and that's being generous.

I'm running a 3090 OC'd, but I've also lowered effects and shadows because those settings are broken! Once shadows are medium and effects are low, it runs great! 

Thanks to everyone who purchased Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition.

We have heard your comments over the past few days about various issues found inside the game. We are taking all of your messages into account and are actively working on several updates planned to release during February and March to fix these issues.

The content of the upcoming updates include:
- Several bug fixes
- Improvement of the performance of the game via the integration of DLSS
- The addition of keyboard & mouse prompts

Thank you for supporting the Nioh series!

DLSS will certainly help, but only for people who have cards that can use it. I'm not sure if they include "random dips in framerate" as part of their concept of bugs, but I hope so.

Thing is, the PS5 experiences the exact same performance issues. Watching the Digital Foundry video for 120 FPS Nioh 2, it looked absolutely identical to what I was experiencing, just at way lower settings. These dudes need to work on their engine.

56 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

DLSS will certainly help, but only for people who have cards that can use it. I'm not sure if they include "random dips in framerate" as part of their concept of bugs, but I hope so.

Thing is, the PS5 experiences the exact same performance issues. Watching the Digital Foundry video for 120 FPS Nioh 2, it looked absolutely identical to what I was experiencing, just at way lower settings. These dudes need to work on their engine.

Still better than the HZD port

Thank you for playing Nioh 2 - The Complete Edition.

The game was updated to the 1.25.1 version, you can find the changes of this version below:

・The confirmation button can now be changed from “Controls”

・Fixed an issue where the lock-on target would switch when the mouse was moved, even if the “Move Camera/Switch Lock-On Target” setting was changed to an option other than “Move Mouse” in “Keyboard & Mouse Settings”.

・Fixed an issue where the mouse sensitivity could become so high that it became impossible to change the settings

・Fixed an issue which sometimes prevented the selection of certain resolutions and caused the game screen to be cut off due to the Windows settings

・Fixed an issue which made the game prone to crashing in certain environments
 ※ If the game repeatedly crashes in a specific place, please try the following:
  ・Right-click on “Nioh 2 Complete Edition” in the Steam client ⇒ “Properties” ⇒ “Local File” ⇒ “Verify Integrity of Game Files”

・Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when displaying the descriptions of equipment special effects.

・Alleviated the issue where the frame rate tended to drop when "Effect Quality" was set to "High" in "Graphics Settings".
※We are continuing to investigate and address this issue

・Reduced the tendency for the game to run slowly when certain attacks hit the walls

・Fixed an issue that caused black bars to appear on the left and right sides of the screen during multiplayer on ultra-wide monitors.

Thank you for your continuous support.

Don't have time to try it right now, but sounds good so far!

Alright, did a little test in a few different areas. The setting does indeed seem fixed, at least from what I've played. On the first stage I killed that optional boss when I first got the game and he dropped like 8 pieces of loot, which killed my FPS by like 90%, it was utterly absurd.

Now it seems to be in the very high 90s/low 100s at all times at 4k/max settings, and pretty much locked at 120 FPS if I lower it to 1440p. Still not the performance you should be getting from such a basic game in such small environments, but good enough to feel good to play now, no stutters that I've noticed, though it wasn't exactly a thorough test. While it took a few days, they fixed their major performance problem faster than most games I've played, so kudos for that, despite the fact that it should've been fixed prior to launch. That said... Better now than in 3 months like some games.