I need suggestions for a comedic scene to perform

Brick

I'm looking to do a comedic scene from a movie or television show for a submission, and I could use some suggestions because I suck at trying to find stuff for myself. It doesn't have to be long (1.5-2 minutes), and shouldn't be too physical since I'd be filming just myself from waist up (other characters in the scene would be read off camera by a reader), so dialogue driven is preferred.

Also need to make sure that it's a role that I could actually play and be cast as, so 27-33 years old, white male, and trying to avoid any genre scenes (i.e. fantasy, sci-fi, etc.), and nothing super iconic that everyone knows (you know the kinds of scenes that go down in history as being famous, like the "You can't handle the truth!" from A Few Good Men, or "I'm as mad as Hell" from Network).

Any (serious) suggestions would be greatly appreciated, guys and gals. :hug:

7 hours ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

@Brick - The final scene from "Burn After Reading"

Hmm not bad. A bit out of my age range, but I suppose that's just the actor, so it might not matter. A bit too long, so I'd have to edit it down, but that's a good, deadpan, not overly goofy scene. I'll keep this one in mind.

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

This is actually pretty good, although for film and TV auditions/demos they usually want you to stay away from monologues since they can be too wordy, and therefore want a dialogue scene between two or more people, but this one I'll keep for whenever I do need a good monologue.

2 minutes ago, Brick said:

This is actually pretty good, although for film and TV auditions/demos they usually want you to stay away from monologues since they can be too wordy, and therefore want a dialogue scene between two or more people, but this one I'll keep for whenever I do need a good monologue.

Well I thought it was just going to be you acting it out, alone, so I chose a clip with a strong singular performance.

6 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Well I thought it was just going to be you acting it out, alone, so I chose a clip with a strong singular performance.

It will be me alone, but whatever other part there is I'll have a reader off camera reading the other person's lines. 

4 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Info that should have been in the OP but now it opens up other possibilities, so I'll keep it in mind if I see other clips.

Ah sorry I thought that was clear, I guess not. I'll edit my OP to be more clear for anyone else that comes in to read this.

• 2 months later...
On 10/25/2020 at 8:31 AM, LazyPiranha said:

I was waiting for someone to post this scene lol. Unfortunately that would fall into an "iconic" scene that I should avoid since everyone knows this scene, and became meme-able.

Also yes I kind of forget about this thread until now. :p