COVID-19 leads Netflix to cancel 'GLOW' even though final season was underway

Jason

The series had previously been renewed for a fourth season, which had already gone into production before the COVID-19 pandemic halted its progress.

“We’ve made the difficult decision not to do a fourth season of GLOW due to COVID, which makes shooting this physically intimate show with its large ensemble cast especially challenging,” a Netflix spokesperson said in a Monday statement to The Times.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/tv/story/2020-10-05/glow-canceled-netflix-covid

So obviously this isn't the only show to have major production disruptions because of COVID, but is it the first show to actually get outright cancelled because of COVID? Some stuff that films in Canada has already started production back up, for example, after having their spring seasons cut short by COVID.

@Jason

My wife started getting really into "I'm Sorry" on Netflix. It's a comedy from TruTv. I was curious if there would be a season 3 but due to Covid they will not be filming the season even though all 10 episodes have been written. Says they cancelled it too. 

im-sorry-photo-credit_-scott-everett-whi
WWW.GOOGLE.COM

Andrea Savage's 'I’m Sorry' won't proceed with Season 3 due to coronavirus; TruTV Cancels the comedy series after two seasons.