College Football 2020 - Conference USA's Year to Win a National Championship?

Keyser_Soze

https://www.si.com/college/notredame/football/notre-dame-ncaa-eligibility-impact?ocid=uxbndlbing

It has been almost two weeks since the NCAA granted an extra season of eligibility for college football players, whether they play this season or not. How that impacts Notre Dame and the rest of the college football world remains to be seen.

The issue at this point is the NCAA has given very little guidance to schools in regards to how this will work. It seems that all that is known right now is that 1) players will get an additional season of eligibility and 2) seniors that return in 2021 won’t count towards the 85 scholarship limit.

And just like that the coach for Southern Miss has quit after one game!

https://apnews.com/d5d922d183aec8762777bb564b1053e3

Southern Mississippi coach Jay Hopson said Monday that he has stepped down and co-offensive coordinator Scotty Walden will take over as interim coach.

The school announced the coaching change Monday afternoon in a news release, ending Hopson’s tenure one game into his fifth season. The Golden Eagles lost at home to South Alabama in Thursday’s season opener.

In statements, Hopson described the decision as the result of a “mutual agreement” with athletics director Jeremy McClain, while McClain said Hopson approached him after last week’s loss.

“I am in total agreement with this change in leadership and truly believe it is in the best interest of the players, coaches and this entire program,” Hopson said.

Hopson went 28-23 and reached three bowl games since taking over before the 2016 season. He was also an assistant for Southern Miss from 2001-03 and 2005-07.

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2019%2F1218%2Fr643309_1
WWW.ESPN.COM

Although he said he didn't know the exact percentage, LSU coach Ed Orgeron said Tuesday that "most of our players" have caught the coronavirus.

Per SEC protocols, players who have contracted COVID-19 don't have to be tested again for 90 days.

I look forward to the inevitable lawsuit against the conferences when long term health ramifications are found out.

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Not tonight. Dude is crumbling. 

I was going to say that the defense is keeping them in the game but even they are screwing up.

King just looks like he has a weak arm. Underthrowing his receivers when the defenders are running stride for stride with them.

King and Trask are both Manvel High School grads, Manvel High School being the high school my house is zoned for in Alvin ISD. Bad day for both but kinda cool to see them balling at major programs.