NATO Predicts 90% Of Global Theaters will Be Open By Mid July

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

They had to... I don't see how they could do this in the major theater markets. Doesn't make me a difference.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

It seems sort of moot though, because unless they keep the concession stands closed—which they can't, because their profits don't come from the ticket sales—I don't see how it's going to be safe to go into a theater anytime soon.

I’m personally not as worried about surface contamination because of what we’re starting to learn. But I absolutely don’t want to be in any indoor space with a decent amount of people not wearing masks. I tend to do daytime showings if I can anyways, so I’ll probably start doing that in a few months.

My local indie theater is opening on July 17th, the day before my birthday. I’m tempted to treat myself to Inception but that is awfully soon to be returning.

I’ve really been hoping the local governments here would mandate masks. We have too many...fervently anti-mask people to make it work as individual policy. Wouldn’t want to put my staff into a position of being threatened for telling people they have to wear a mask.

On 6/20/2020 at 4:01 PM, sblfilms said:

I’ve really been hoping the local governments here would mandate masks. We have too many...fervently anti-mask people to make it work as individual policy. Wouldn’t want to put my staff into a position of being threatened for telling people they have to wear a mask.

Your governor has made that an impossibility.

10 hours ago, Jose said:

Your governor has made that an impossibility.

That’s incorrect. Mask requirements are permissible by county and city authorities under the most recent guidance from the state. Harris County (where the drive in is) just mandated masks inside businesses beginning today :) 

On 6/22/2020 at 5:56 PM, sblfilms said:

That’s incorrect. Mask requirements are permissible by county and city authorities under the most recent guidance from the state. Harris County (where the drive in is) just mandated masks inside businesses beginning today :) 

Did that change? I distinctly remember he did that. 

On 6/22/2020 at 2:56 PM, sblfilms said:

1 minute ago, Jose said:

Did that change? I distinctly remember he did that. 

2 hours ago, Massdriver said:

Just to be clear, local governments are not free to mandate masks on individuals. They can mandate that businesses require them. 

Texas just spiked to 5500 new cases today. 4092 in the hospital. The curve is basically going straight up. 

Edit: Abbott has failed miserably. I hope everyone can see what a dick he’s been for our state. First he let local governments take the flack for hard shut down decisions. Then he stripped their power away to look like the knight saving the economy as it reopened and handed them a shitty order that prohibited individual mask mandates. A clever local judge found a loophole in Abbott’s order that allowed local governments to mandate that businesses require masks rather than a direct mandate on individuals.  Abbott pretends like this was his intention all along when it clearly wasn’t if you look back at how he framed the reopening. He is a slime ball. The right thing to do was reopen with a statewide mask mandate on businesses and individuals. Look at where we are at now.  

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

It depends on how you look at it. Cities are able to mandate that businesses require masks for customers and employees, now get this “if they cannot maintain 6 feet of social distancing”. But for like a large gathering in a park, the cities can not mandate anything. 

Gregg Abbott is being insanely weak to prevent pissing off all Karens out there in Texas. If they do get losses off, it will be at the business or city. If the virus continues to spike and spread, it’s not his fault, because he put out “guidelines” to stay safe. He’s a gutless turd. 

On 6/22/2020 at 4:56 PM, sblfilms said:

not to mention private businesses can mandate whatever they want. 

14 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

not to mention private businesses can mandate whatever they want. 

Well, this is true, but it’s terrible to put that on the business and their employees. Should be statewide policy of masks indoors in public spaces.

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Well, this is true, but it’s terrible to put that on the business and their employees. Should be statewide policy of masks indoors in public spaces.

It definitely should at least be city-wide orders, because if two businesses side-by-side have different rules, obviously one (with less rules) will get more of the idiot money, which isn't fair.

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

It definitely should at least be city-wide orders, because if two businesses side-by-side have different rules, obviously one (with less rules) will get more of the idiot money, which isn't fair.

It also makes the responsible business and its employees a target for the “don’t tread on me” loons.