Has Anyone Watched Contagion Recently?

9 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Did you see my first reply of the Covid thread? :p

How's that for prescient!?!

From now on we have to read every thread because we must post replies to other threads in the wrong ones. We will develop a code system to allow us to keep track based on post order and thread order. We will name it Cherokee.

57 minutes ago, ShreddieMercuryRising said:

I watched it a few weeks before everything started going haywire (another great Soderbergh movie).  It is unsettling how accurate it is, and the only thing they didn't anticipate was all the insane racism.

and the completely inept and self serving government response.

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I watched it once, when it came out on blu ray. Honestly, I was kinda bored by it, though I really like a lot of those actors. 

That's like every Soderbergh movie. He somehow tones down something thrilling to make it super boring. I guess it's his style!

9 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

That's like every Soderbergh movie. He somehow tones down something thrilling to make it super boring. I guess it's his style!

I had to look up his resume because I’m not a film buff and don’t know what else he’s done. I liked Ocean’s Eleven and Magic Mike well enough. That’s all I’ve seen from him, though. 

20 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I had to look up his resume because I’m not a film buff and don’t know what else he’s done. I liked Ocean’s Eleven and Magic Mike well enough. That’s all I’ve seen from him, though. 

I've seen this (Contagion), The Girlfriend Experience, The Informant!, and Haywire. "Well enough" is basically those movies but nothing that I would say is mindblowingly good or anything. (Except The Girlfriend Experience which was boring as hell)

Sodergbergh is a GREAT filmmaker who has made a ton of good movies including The Limey, Traffic, Out of Sight, The Ocean's series and the ones listed above. He definitely has arthouse sensibilities and his movies aren't for everyone, but he's one of my favorite filmmakers. Contagion is a great movie, The Informant is hilarious with a great performance from Matt Damon. Haywire was straght up BAD and so was the Girlfriend Experience. What both of those films have in common is that the leads are both non-actors in their first leading roles headlining films (Gina Carano and Sasha whatever her name was... The pron star) another good movie of his is Side Effects. I haven't seen his most recent film on Netflix though.

7 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

What both of those films have in common is that the leads are both non-actors in their first leading roles headlining films (Gina Carano and Sasha whatever her name was... The pron star

Don't try and hide it; you know exactly that her last name is Grey :fap:

1 hour ago, Brick said:

Don't try and hide it; you know exactly that her last name is Grey :fap:

I honestly couldn't remember her last name... I definitely remembered her work though.  Who could forget her memorable turn as Vince's girlfriend in the drugged out, addicted episodes of Entourage?:p

46 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I honestly couldn't remember her last name... I definitely remembered her work though.  Who could forget her memorable turn as Vince's girlfriend in the drugged out, addicted episodes of Entourage?:p

Ew why the fuck would I watch Entourage? Pretty sure Sasha Grey's previous work has more dignity than that show. 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 1