The top 5 games with the most appearances on NPD this decade are...

SaysWho?

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Sounds like it's up to Nintendo.

http://dpadmagazine.com/2008/09/25/houser-nintendo-didnt-want-us-to-make-gta-for-kids/

Also, could it even run on a switch?

Okay, first of all, read the article you’re linking, you goon! :lol: Nintendo clearly had no problem with having GTA on their system. 

Second, GTAV ran on 360. It can run on Switch. ;) 

7 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

I think that article clearly states Nintendo didn't want a watered down GTA on their consoles.

9 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Okay, first of all, read the article you’re linking, you goon! :lol: Nintendo clearly had no problem with having GTA on their system. 

Second, GTAV ran on 360. It can run on Switch. ;) 

There have been two GTA games on Nintendo systems (on the DS), the original and China Town wars. It sounds like they wanted Chinatown wars. But past that, did they want it? Do they want GTA V? That's all I'm saying you goons!

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

There have been two GTA games on Nintendo systems (on the DS), the original and China Town wars. It sounds like they wanted Chinatown wars. But past that, did they want it? Do they want GTA V? That's all I'm saying you goons!

There have been four GTA games on Nintendo’s systems. 

I don’t know why they wouldn’t want GTAV?

7 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

There have been four GTA games on Nintendo’s systems. 

I don’t know why they wouldn’t want GTAV?

OK well GTA on GBC and GBA

GTA II on GBC

Chinatown Wars on the DS

So really only 3 games and 10 years ago was the latest one and they were games only suitable for handhelds. I wouldn't hold my breath for a modern one on a Nintendo console any time soon.

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

GTA II on GBC

Chinatown Wars on the DS

So really only 3 games and 10 years ago was the latest one and they were games only suitable for handhelds. I wouldn't hold my breath for a modern one on a Nintendo console any time soon.

That's probably true, but I don't think there's any evidence to suggest it's because Nintendo doesn't want the games on their console. Chinatown Wars only happened because Nintendo didn't want a kid friendly version of GTA.

13 hours ago, Dodger said:

Surprised to see Rainbow Six on there. 

It is somewhat surprising, but the game has been out since 2015 and each year there is more and more reason to pick it up. I bet it has one of the most steadily growing install bases of any game. Ubisoft has put a tremendous amount of work dragging the game back from a broken and controversial (Ubisoft downgrade!) launch to make it one of the best multiplayer shooters on the market.

On 12/27/2019 at 10:26 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

GTA II on GBC

Chinatown Wars on the DS

There was GTA on the original GB/GBC.

Then GTA2 was a GBC-only game.

GTA Advance was (obviously) on GBA.

Chinatown Wars on DS. 

That is FOUR games total. Not sure where you are getting only three from. 

The GBA and DS games are original games, not based on any previous GTA title. So they have had at least two different original titles on Nintendo hardware.