South Dakota Woman Goes to Hospital for Kidney Stones but Finds Out She's Giving Birth to Triplets

The South Dakota mom of two went to the hospital earlier this month believing she would need kidney stones surgery.

"I started getting pains. I figured it was kidney stones because I've went through them before," Giltz told KOTA-TV.

Instead, she had a different surgery altogether, and came away with son Blaze and daughters Gypsy and Nikki, delivered at 34 weeks. Each weighed about 4 pounds.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/parenting/2019/08/18/south-dakota-mom-has-triplets-after-believing-had-kidney-stones/2046581001/

The craziest part of this story is the names of each kid. 

Blaze's destiny of being a lacrosse star at BYU is set. 

Gypsy is in for a hell of a life of ridicule if she ever goes to Eastern Europe. 

Nikki is pretty normal. Or will be until she/her friends learn of that one Prince song. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

It may be mean, but I’m gonna guess she’s a robust, plus sized woman. 

I’m sure many women (not all) would notice the extra girth in their body, even if they didn’t get morning sickness. 

Shit, there's a woman I know who is quite large having twins and you can very easily see she's gotten much bigger already. I don't know how they can not notice it.

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Shit, there's a woman I know who is quite large having twins and you can very easily see she's gotten much bigger already. I don't know how they can not notice it.

The uterus can be aligned in a way that you don't get the typical pregnancy bump. 

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

The uterus can be aligned in a way that you don't get the typical pregnancy bump. 

Yeah but for twins+ there's just not a lot of room for hiding. My wife was in her regular jeans until like the 35th week, and only had to unbutton them to fit when I took her into the hospital for delivery

I think most of the people in stories like this are just lying to themselves. Like the kind of people who let a lump on their skin grow to the size of a softball before getting it checked out.

They know, but don't want to deal with the possibility, so they just put everything off until OH NO! baby! How did this happen... whaaaaaaaaa???