Monitor for gaming?

I'm going to put this new build in my office, which currently doesn't exist (the new wing of the house is framed up, about to start pulling the wire for electrical tonight actually), and i'm looking to get something in the 27-32" range. What are the best options in those sizes?

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

I'm going to put this new build in my office, which currently doesn't exist (the new wing of the house is framed up, about to start pulling the wire for electrical tonight actually), and i'm looking to get something in the 27-32" range. What are the best options in those sizes?

1080p,1440p,4k, and what kind of fps are you looking for , G sync?

4k is a must for my other uses. I have an AMD 3900X and RTX 2080ti, so I would assume something with a pretty high refresh rate. I don't know what G sync is, so I care?

4k is a must for my other uses. I have an AMD 3900X and RTX 2080ti, so I would assume something with a pretty high refresh rate. I don't know what G sync is, so I care?

I'm fairly confident the only 4k monitors with anything over 60hz are very expensive. Do you have a budget? I would probably recommend two monitors because you could get a fairly cheap 4k60hz and a 1440p 144hz for gaming and probably still pay less than the 4k/144hz.

4 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

G sync eliminates screen tearing for many its important.

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator-X27-bmiphzx-Monitor/dp/B07CWDBL39?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_2

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-PG27UQ-Gaming-Monitor-G-SYNC/dp/B07F1VGGLK?SubscriptionId=AKIAIPHVZTVH6LZ5BFZA&tag=hawk-future-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B07F1VGGLK&ascsubtag=tomshardware-3990028890763639191-20

7 minutes ago, Nokt said:

I'm fairly confident the only 4k monitors with anything over 60hz are very expensive. Do you have a budget? I would probably recommend two monitors because you could get a fairly cheap 4k60hz and a 1440p 144hz for gaming and probably still pay less than the 4k/144hz.

No budget really, but I like that idea. I plan to have two monitors anyway. Soooo, maybe one 4k60 and one 1440p144.

No budget really, but I like that idea. I plan to have two monitors anyway. Soooo, maybe one 4k60 and one 1440p144.

This is the monitor I'm buying 1440p/144hz, nano-IPS, 1ms, G-Sync - $500

Monitor I have Curved, VA Panel (better contrast, worse color reproduction), 1440/144hz, no adaptive sync - $267

4K/144hz, G-sync, IPS, $1000

Rtings highest rated 4K monitor $319 without adjustable stand, $419 with

GSync also makes lower fps seem smoother and constantly consistent. It’s variable refresh rate where the refresh rate constantly adjusts to match the frame rate rendered, this means that there’s no “unevenness” of frame rate to refresh rate.

Also, the current “best” PC monitor for gaming is the ASUS PG27UQ 

18 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

GSync also makes lower fps seem smoother and constantly consistent. It’s variable refresh rate where the refresh rate constantly adjusts to match the frame rate rendered, this means that there’s no “unevenness” of frame rate to refresh rate.

Also, the current “best” PC monitor for gaming is the ASUS PG27UQ 

The ASUS PG35VQ May have stolen its crown...

Here's the deal....you can save cash my going with FreeSync monitors over G-Sync....as long as you get the right FreeSync monitor it will now work with your Nvidia GPU to get you the same benefits.  

Now...I have a two monitor setup....one 35inch curved and one 28inch 4k that acts as a roamer....I'll hook my iPad, laptop, work laptop..or whatever to it.  

But my primary is this guy and I've been pretty happy with it as an all arounder https://www.amazon.com/AOC-AG352UCG6-Monitor-3440x1440-DisplayPort/dp/B07LCX18MW/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=AOC+35+inch+AG353UCG&qid=1565378905&s=gateway&sr=8-2   

The thing is...there are a lot of nice mid range monitors on the market right now and the prices aren't that bad.  

47 minutes ago, Alpha1Cowboy said:

Here's the deal....you can save cash my going with FreeSync monitors over G-Sync....as long as you get the right FreeSync monitor it will now work with your Nvidia GPU to get you the same benefits.  

Now...I have a two monitor setup....one 35inch curved and one 28inch 4k that acts as a roamer....I'll hook my iPad, laptop, work laptop..or whatever to it.  

But my primary is this guy and I've been pretty happy with it as an all arounder https://www.amazon.com/AOC-AG352UCG6-Monitor-3440x1440-DisplayPort/dp/B07LCX18MW/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=AOC+35+inch+AG353UCG&qid=1565378905&s=gateway&sr=8-2   

The thing is...there are a lot of nice mid range monitors on the market right now and the prices aren't that bad.  

Unfortunately, there's no "real" HDR Freesync monitors, they are all HDR400 (completely fake with no visual difference) or HDR600 (only one or two of these exist last I checked, and there's not much difference visually). Also, Freesync monitors that support HDR, afaik, require you to choose to either run Freesync or HDR and not both (running both requires "Freesync 2" or something?). So, yes, money can be saved, of course, but you do lose HDR functionality that the two available "king of monitors" currently have (the ultra-wide 1440p GSync HDR linked is not out yet as far as I can tell, and it's also going to retail for over $3k :lol:... So, I'm referencing the Asus PG27UQ and the Acer Predator X27 :)  )

On 8/9/2019 at 3:15 PM, Spork3245 said:

Unfortunately, there's no "real" HDR Freesync monitors, they are all HDR400 (completely fake with no visual difference) or HDR600 (only one or two of these exist last I checked, and there's not much difference visually). Also, Freesync monitors that support HDR, afaik, require you to choose to either run Freesync or HDR and not both (running both requires "Freesync 2" or something?). So, yes, money can be saved, of course, but you do lose HDR functionality that the two available "king of monitors" currently have (the ultra-wide 1440p GSync HDR linked is not out yet as far as I can tell, and it's also going to retail for over $3k :lol:... So, I'm referencing the Asus PG27UQ and the Acer Predator X27 :)  )

The US price I heard was $2,500. But, I don’t think there has been an official release yet. It does offer a 200 Hz refresh rate - which AFAIK is the only HDR gaming monitor to have it. 

3 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

The US price I heard was $2,500. But, I don’t think there has been an official release yet. It does offer a 200 Hz refresh rate - which AFAIK is the only HDR gaming monitor to have it. 

Oh, I thought I saw $3k when I was googling the other day, BUT it could just be pre-order ADM (ARM...?) :p 

Yea, the 200hz is possible because it's 1440p ultra-wide, otherwise I think 144hz is the limit for 4k currently (and that needs compression tricks or you get 120)

On 8/9/2019 at 11:25 AM, MeatAndPotatoes said:

Holy fuck, I want one

I should mention that its G-sync compatible, not actually g-sync. Which probably means it like the freesync monitors that meet the g-sync requirements. A little heart breaking, but not a deal breaker for me.

• 3 weeks later...