Baldur's Gate III - Information Thread, update: Larian doesn't plan to release DLC/expansions for BGIII nor develop BGIV

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Your behavior will be held against you in the future when you are begging for a new game. 

While heartbreaking for the potential future, at present I wouldn't have expected a new game from you due to your current situation. Therefore, at this time, I shrug.

Just now, Bacon said:

While heartbreaking for the potential future, at present I wouldn't have expected a new game from you due to your current situation. Therefore, at this time, I shrug.

I'll get a job soon enough. I'm a responsible adult with priorities. I'm just taking a small break after working my ass off for 16 years straight. 

You on the other hand, you're a big mystery in how you even eat. Do you even work? Have a family? Disability for your "conditions"? You don't tell us anything except act all pissy and negative about every game that gets mentioned here. I could go on lol. 

• True 1

12 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'll get a job soon enough. I'm a responsible adult with priorities. I'm just taking a small break after working my ass off for 16 years straight. 

You on the other hand, you're a big mystery in how you even eat. Do you even work? Have a family? Disability for your "conditions"? You don't tell us anything except act all pissy and negative about every game that gets mentioned here. I could go on lol. 

Be nice. It’s Christmas. Bacon is a good guy. Irrational and irritating sometimes but harmless. . 

11 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Be nice. It’s Christmas. Bacon is a good guy. Irrational and irritating sometimes but harmless. . 

I don't play ignorant games. If he says something I don't like I'm retaliating. There is no reason for him to be so negative all the time. Unless his life really is that shitty. 

I'm currently in the hags lair and it isn't exactly easy. My party almost got wiped out. Now I healed up and  I'm going in to kill this bitch. 

If you're wondering where this is its south of the blighted village. 

24 minutes ago, Biggie said:

@Bacon can you choose in what order your party goes into battle? What determines who and where people go? Like enemies?

No, not exactly. Your initiative decides your turn order. You roll a die at the start of battle, and you should see the number above your character, the higher the better. You can raise your initiative in a few different ways. I forget how it's calculated, but I know it has something to do with dex. There are also rare AF potions that give you +5 initiative per long rest. This is how it works for every enemy as well. Heavy armor "slows you down" so usually Heavy armor people won't start first.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Biggie said:

@Bacon can you choose in what order your party goes into battle? What determines who and where people go? Like enemies?

Furthermore, if your party has a bunch of turns in a row, as in, they aren't broken up by enemy turns, you can take your turns out of order.

97307c4c339d45b440c76520a80bb892.png

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Had to force myself to stop playing. Been playing all morning. It’s a damn addictive game for sure. 

Yes it is. I really love it and if I can succeed past where I originally was I'm putting it up there as one of my favorite games of all time. 

• True 1

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

I know but I don’t have a clue what I’m doing and who should use what lol

Well, each class tells you what Armor you can use. But what is most important is what abilities each armor brings. Tho, I know armor that early in the game won't have any massive benefits. As a Barbarian, medium armor will be your best option. Barbarian does come with an Unarmored passive, but is is generally useless. For now, something like a Breastplate +1 is what you want to use.

BG3.WIKI

Breastplate +1 is an uncommon Medium Armour in Baldur's Gate 3.

In terms of pure defense, whatever raises your AC - Armor Class, is the best option as long as the character is "proficient". For example, Gale should only use robes/clothing and Light Armor or else you can't use magic. Light Armor is currently the best for Gale, but there are plenty of robes that are even better than you can get in Act 1. Generally, Light Armor on casters is only used for like the first 3-4 levels. By level 5 there should be at least one decent robe for Gale.

Lae'zel will use Heavy armor as a fighter. I advise you to make Shadowheart change what kind of Cleric she is. Currently, she is a Trickery Domain Cleric and you are better off switching to Life or War domains. Either will allow Shadowheart to use heavy armor. You need to find Withers to allow for class changes.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Well, each class tells you what Armor you can use. But what is most important is what abilities each armor brings. Tho, I know armor that early in the game won't have any massive benefits. As a Barbarian, medium armor will be your best option. Barbarian does come with an Unarmored passive, but is is generally useless. For now, something like a Breastplate +1 is what you want to use.

BG3.WIKI

Breastplate +1 is an uncommon Medium Armour in Baldur's Gate 3.

In terms of pure defense, whatever raises your AC - Armor Class, is the best option as long as the character is "proficient". For example, Gale should only use robes/clothing and Light Armor or else you can't use magic. Light Armor is currently the best for Gale, but there are plenty of robes that are even better than you can get in Act 1. Generally, Light Armor on casters is only used for like the first 3-4 levels. By level 5 there should be at least one decent robe for Gale.

Lae'zel will use Heavy armor as a fighter. I advise you to make Shadowheart change what kind of Cleric she is. Currently, she is a Trickery Domain Cleric and you are better off switching to Life or War domains. Either will allow Shadowheart to use heavy armor. You need to find Withers to allow for class changes.

I just sent Gale back to camp and added Lae’zel. Good info thanks. 

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

I’m trying out EA’s World Rally Championship later today with EA Play. 

I don't have access to anything. But I have a lot of games I could play that I never finished. 

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

I just sent Gale back to camp and added Lae’zel. Good info thanks. 

Lae'zel is much better than Gale early on. I sent him packin today for Astarion.

58 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Oh darn. I'm stuck. I wish Bacon would answer my questions! Oh...that's right. I have google. No sense in trying to have a conversation on a message board to keep the community engaged. 🙄 

While I was poking fun at your expense, my earlier posts were intended to be received as light-hearted ribbing. I thought "Therefore, at this time, I shrug," would be received as humorous.

However, I was not joking when I said I wouldn't be your guide. I will help with the more mechanical aspects of the game like trying to help Biggie understand armor and initiative.

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Looks like I shouldn't have taken the quest to kill her. I will reload and meet her without that condition. 

You can still recruit her even if you took the quest. I'm not sure how you're missing it. Just choose non-violent responses in dialog.

8 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

I killed her.

Who, Kagha? You can't just kill her as it makes all druids hostile. She is the leader after all. You gotta kill all the druids in one fell swoop or the Druids kill the tiefs and you lose out on many things.

You should also get the quest "Kill Kagha" from Zevlor.

BG3.WIKI

Kill Kagha is a sub-quest of the Druid Grove's main quest Save the Refugees. It can be initiated by talking to Zevlor after Kagha sends the party to assist him in getting the tieflings to safety.

6 hours ago, Bacon said:

While I was poking fun at your expense, my earlier posts were intended to be received as light-hearted ribbing. I thought "Therefore, at this time, I shrug," would be received as humorous.

However, I was not joking when I said I wouldn't be your guide. I will help with the more mechanical aspects of the game like trying to help Biggie understand armor and initiative.

Come on, it’s just conversation! You don’t want to be his personal guide through a 100 hour RPG?

Dang man, I thought you were nice…