Baldur's Gate III - Information Thread, update: Larian doesn't plan to release DLC/expansions for BGIII nor develop BGIV

I went with the Dark Urge Origin. The Dark Urge still lets you make an entire custom character, but while having a story. The Dark Urge is often considered the Main Character because of how much they tie into the plot of the game. I can tell you I'll never play a non-Durge character.

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

I’ve been doing it for an hour 

Race: human

Class: fighter

Background: soldier

I don’t have any idea what I’m doing or if this is good but fuck let’s roll

Well I went that fast because bacon told me exactly what to do. I know nothing about character builds so hopefully you're ok. 

59 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'll be interested in how you like this. I hope you like it. 

Okay it’s confusing to say the least lol. Just freed 

Spoiler

Shadowheart

which took me a while to figure out. The concept is cool but I’m clueless about most everything. hahahahahaa

5 hours ago, best3444 said:

And of course I saved on one file so now I have to go back over an hour. 

In a game like this, never, ever use one save file. Get the biggest rotation of save files they'll let you have. (On PC, I don't think there was any limit, so I have... a lot of saves!)

5 hours ago, best3444 said:

Ok. So with that being said I will not reload to save Lae'zel...

If there is anything you should save scum, it's making sure you get all the party members in act 1.

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

Y’all go custom character or Origin?

Dark Urge is the best. Custom character but fully integrated into the plot. Play to "resist" if you want to be a good guy. It's what I did and it has a very satisfying conclusion to that story.

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Okay it’s confusing to say the least lol. Just freed 

Hide contents

Shadowheart

which took me a while to figure out. The concept is cool but I’m clueless about most everything. hahahahahaa

Yes. It takes time getting used to how this plays but after a few hours it becomes familiar. Being a Barbarian I had the option of just brute forcing the lid off the capsule Shadowheart was in. It was easy. Just take you time and enjoy. 

I'll also say this, if you go into this game trying to play it the "obvious" way, you will have a much harder time. Go outside the box. If it seems like it should work, it probably will.

Also, shove is one of the best abilities. Always look for ways to shove enemies off of things. You can end entire bosses in one move this way. Again, if it seems like it should work, it usually will.

• Thanks 2

Just now, legend said:

I'll also say this, if you go into this game trying to play it the "obvious" way, you will have a much harder time. Go outside the box. If it seems like it should work, it probably will.

Also, shove is one of the best abilities. Always look for ways to shove enemies off of things. You can end entire bosses in one move this way. Again, if it seems like it should work, it usually will.

Nice. I know I get shoved a lot. 

2 minutes ago, Biggie said:

@best3444 are you playing on performance 60 fps or Quality 1440p at 30 fps?

Shit. I didn't know it had performance mode. I'm actually not sure what I've been playing it in. For what type of game it is, the graphics are good. Keep at it. Thanks for making me aware there is visual options. 

Just now, best3444 said:

Well did you switch to what was default? Because I'm apparently playing to whatever it was set at. 

I was in performance but just switched to quality. The graphics are a bit better and I don’t feel the game needs 60 fps. Check under options. Then go to Video. 

Just now, Biggie said:

I was in performance but just switched to quality. The graphics are a bit better and I don’t feel the game needs 60 fps. Check under options. Then go to Video. 

Ok. I wouldn't mind making the resolution better so I'll probably change it.

6 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

According to the DF video there's certain areas the frame rate drops (a specific city) in quality mode. But if you don't mind that keep it quality.

I returned to performance. It was much smoother and to be honest I couldn't really tell any improvement of the graphics in quality mode.

14 minutes ago, Biggie said:

spacer.png

Dope. My character looks like Jason Momoa.

I have long hair, tats, muscles etc. I'm handsome and Shadowheart will be mine soon enough!

I'm firin it up now. I'll mess with the visual modes but probably stick with performance.