Subway closed more than 1,000 restaurants in the United States last year — way more than it originally planned.

There are two by my work. One is within walking distance, and the other within 2 miles. The further one I have no idea how it has lasted this long. It is hidden in a strip behind other buildings, while visible from the main street is Corner Bakery, Jason’s Deli, Whichwich, Potbelly’s, Firehouse Subs, and Panera. 

And that’s if you don’t want burgers, chic-fil-a, cheesesteak, kfc, Taco Bell, taco Bueno, chipotle,  or sit down for mexican, Italian, all American, fish and sea food, all day breakfast, Cajun, or at a steakhouse. 

There is really no reason that Subway should still exist. 

My wife was the first person to mention to me the odd smell of Subway bread.

I’ll still eat Subway in a pinch, especially because the one I’m around most often has a drive through and most of the other better sandwich shops here don’t.

Probably because they make shitty sandwiches with shitty ingredients and much better chains are popping up.  Ever since Quiznos(i miss you so much) close 5 or 6 years ago the only Sub shops near me have been Subway.  But there's finally a Firehouse Subs about to open in my town and I'm hoping they do so well that the JJ and JM might show up and put all the Subways out of buisiness.

And yeah the smell of that bread is something else.  I've literally walked into the one in the gas station on the way to work fully intending to get a sub but when I walk in the smell is so unappetizing that I end up just buying Pizza Rolls or something from the gas station instead.  So gross.

On 5/3/2019 at 12:50 PM, sblfilms said:

My wife was the first person to mention to me the odd smell of Subway bread.

I’ll still eat Subway in a pinch, especially because the one I’m around most often has a drive through and most of the other better sandwich shops here don’t.

I had no idea Subways had drive throughs. What a world.

9 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I had no idea Subways had drive throughs. What a world.

Most don’t, I think it is only the really old stores. I haven’t seen a newly built Subway with a drive through in at least a decade.

• 2 weeks later...