Dark (Netflix's German language sci-fi series) season 3 to debut on June 27

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

I THOUGHT I could go "cold" into season two without refreshing my memory of season one.

NOPE!  That was a bad assumption on my part! :lol:

Shit. I really don't have time to rewatch an entire damn show for its second season despite truly loving it. I'm pretty sure I'd be in the same boat...that show was fucking densely woven. 

Is there no decent recap on Netflix?

:hmm:

Actually, I should snap a picture of my "chart" I made in my little notebook I keep on my coffee table while watching season 1! I got so wrapped up in this show, I was taking notes. Need to go find it tonight. 

15 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I would say the most challenging thing is remembering who is who. Because for one character you have to remember 1 or 2 other versions of themselves.

Holy shit, I just looked at a family tree online and am now doubly confused somehow. Weirdly, I fully "got it" when season 1 finished but now I have no fucking clue what happened again.

Maybe I'll just watch the last two episodes or so of season 1...

Yeah, season 2 takes the training wheels off when it comes to character continuity. I was using the wiki to help remember character iterations and the family trees for some characters are like 10 people deep and contain some spoilers like X is Y's Aunt / Granddaughter, which is super funny. Three episodes into season 2 I'm glad that almost all of my fears about the direction of the show have been abated, i was particularly worried that the future setting would be too shark jumping and that the show would be too good v evil with whatever Noah is up to.

Having just finished S2, past episode 3 it becomes less important to have seen the first season recently and I don't think it is really necessary to rewatch S1 even if you're occasionally confused.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My wife and I just watched seasons 1 and 2 for the first time since this had been on my list for awhile. It's been great! I had no idea season 3 was coming out and that it was the last season, so my timing to see this show was perfect since it can be confusing. Three episodes in, they got a lot of ground to cover.

52 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

My wife and I just watched seasons 1 and 2 for the first time since this had been on my list for awhile. It's been great! I had no idea season 3 was coming out and that it was the last season, so my timing to see this show was perfect since it can be confusing. Three episodes in, they got a lot of ground to cover.

Do you think it would be confusing to watch season 2 if you haven't had a fresh watch of season 1?

1 minute ago, Nokt said:

Do you think it would be confusing to watch season 2 if you haven't had a fresh watch of season 1?

I believe we touched on this in the season 2 thread. Moa said after the first three episodes it's not that confusing.

However, I did rewatch the first season before the second one. You probably won't be confused but you may get something out of rewatching it.

• Like 1

Well, finished the season. An admittedly great, if albeit sort of random in some ways, final season. Ended as it only inevitably could in some ways, and totally random in others. Really enjoyed it overall, though it got repetitious and forgot about its characters to a degree in seasons 2 and 3 for timey-wimey stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Ending spoilers/reaction

Spoiler

Spoiler

No full loop

No Jonas and Martha together forever

Ulrich "Big Dick" Nielsen deleted from the universe

HANNAH STILL ALLOWED TO EXIST

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

(more seriously, I liked the ending)