~*Please Support the GoFundMe Campaign for HardAct*~ Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
brucoe

PC Tech My turn to ask about current builds for a new PC (pre-built)

I bought my last one through CyberpowerPC, and it was generally okay. I had some recent problems with it (had it over a year, so didn't really panic that much). And yeah, I could probably fix it if I wanted to spend a ton of time trying to diagnose and figure out what it is doing. Basically, it started making sounds like it was calling for Emus to attack, so after all of the Emus attacked, I turned off the computer. I then opened it up, ran it for a bit, and then it started up again about a few hours later (the Emu attack sound). I figure it's either a fan going nuts (although I can't seem to locate it) or my video card's engine just went nuts (and possibly its fan as well).

So, rather than try to figure it out, I'm just thinking of treating myself and getting a brand new system. I figure I have about 4k to spend (if needed), so would love to see some ideas from you all. I kind of want to have something I can get soon, rather than later, and I really don't want to have a bunch of parts delivered to me and then having to install them all. Yeah, I know that's cheaper, but I've made too many systems in my time and just don't feel like going through the work again.

Up until I get one, I have a pretty awesome Alienware laptop, but while my laptop was kind of nice, and I'd like to move from 2017 to 2018-9 now.

26 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

Thanks. Any preference from one to the other? The one thing I thought of adding (to both) is at least 32 RAM at 3200 instead of 3000. Think most of the rest I thought was pretty decent. I tried configuring one with them earlier but kept getting crappy systems at way overpriced amounts; both of those look a lot nicer, although I'm torn between both configurations.

18 minutes ago, brucoe said:

Thanks. Any preference from one to the other? The one thing I thought of adding (to both) is at least 32 RAM at 3200 instead of 3000. Think most of the rest I thought was pretty decent. I tried configuring one with them earlier but kept getting crappy systems at way overpriced amounts; both of those look a lot nicer, although I'm torn between both configurations.

I prefer intel but AMD is really kicking ass,you cant go wrong with either. 

32gb for gaming is a waste, the difference between 3000 and 3200 is so negligible in 99% of games its not worth it, like increase of just a few frames in best case.It wont hurt to do what you want but IMO its not worth it,

So, I ended up buying it. Got it at CyberpowerPC (place I bought my last one). It's a nice system, but I won't see it for a while due to how long their turn around always ends up being.