The Mariners

thewhyteboar

I don’t know what I liked more, Bauer being on the Indians where they can choke in the playoffs again, or relegated to a third tier bottom feeder.

Astros got Greinke to buff up the rotation with Verlander and Cole. Throw in Wade Miley and that is 4 tough dudes to go against in a 7 game series.

Didn’t even see that the Astros also got Aaron Sanchez from the Blue Jays. The nerds in the pitcher’s room will figure out how to get his spin rate up and he will suddenly return to his early form or probably even better. Good golly, this was a great day for the Astros.

38 minutes ago, Littleronin said:

Yeah that Astros rotation is no joke. But I feel Arizona got the steal on that with only paying $8million a year on Greinke and still getting a bunch of prospects on the return. 

Beer will be an Allstar for Arizona in 3-4 years, he is legit good.

9 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I thought the Astros were all about building from the farm system, now they're just Yankees of the gulf coast.

Huh? Verlander and Cole arent home grown papi. Neither is the wife beater.

Astros did real well today. I wanna fucking shoot the Blue Jays GM for the shitty deals he got for some great players he offloaded for nothing. Stroman and Sanchez gone isn’t going to hurt us now, but who the hell do we have now for pitching in the coming years. We got pitching guys back but their performance in the minor leagues doesn’t give me much hope. If he is half of what his father was, I do have hope for when Roy Halladay’s son is ready for the big league callup.

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I thought the Astros were all about building from the farm system, now they're just Yankees of the gulf coast.

They have one of the best scouting and development groups, sometimes that results in building talent themselves (like 6 of their 9 everyday starters), and other times it results in flipping prospects for pitching talent.

It’s both. 

Astros mid-season rookie call up Yordan Alvarez continues to prove he is the reincarnation of Albert Pujols. Batting .350, 52 RBI, 17 HR in 45 games. Staggering.

On 8/10/2019 at 10:12 PM, sblfilms said:

Astros mid-season rookie call up Yordan Alvarez continues to prove he is the reincarnation of Albert Pujols. Batting .350, 52 RBI, 17 HR in 45 games. Staggering.

He's other-worldly.

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

It's been such a disappointing season for Boston, but Rafael Devers has been pure joy to watch. Also really happy to see Bogaerts having such a nice season after signing that extension. 

I hear you. Seeing the D-Backs just floundering with no sense of which direction they are going is painful. But watching Ketel Marte and Carson Kelly show signs of brilliance has been a gift of warm and fuzzies. I hope this off-season gives some idea of the direction the team is going as this "competitive rebuild" is just annoying.  

4 minutes ago, Littleronin said:

I hear you. Seeing the D-Backs just floundering with no sense of which direction they are going is painful. But watching Ketel Marte and Carson Kelly show signs of brilliance has been a gift of warm and fuzzies. I hope this off-season gives some idea of the direction the team is going as this "competitive rebuild" is just annoying.  

At least they're rebuilding. As much as I enjoyed the Championship last year, Boston has me worried to an extent. I forget how much money is coming off the books after this season, but they still have a lot invested in big contracts and pitching is the issue. This year's rotation has underwhelmed and the bullpen is just terrible.

16 minutes ago, Littleronin said:

Competitive rebuilds are super tough to do. Only seen the Yankees and Indians do it successfully, and the Indians got more lucky than anything imo.

Through tonight’s game, the top 5 in ERA amongst starters in the American League are:

1. Justin Verlander

2. Gerrit Cole

3. Zack Greinke

4. Wade Miley

5. Charlie Morton

Four Astros and Morton who was created in the Astros pitching lab 2 years ago.

They are going to pull a 90s Braves and blow this somehow, aren’t they :cry: