Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire sold terribly (~110k units)

Commissar SFLUFAN

That sucks. I enjoyed Pillars and I really enjoyed Tyranny which I finished right before I finished Prey earlier this year. In fact, I like Tyranny better than any of the isometrics I've played recently. I think the ending was cool.

I bought Deadfire for $30 on a sale recently and intend to play it. Obsidian selling to Microsoft makes a lot of sense. 

What's odd is we see that isometric RPGs are not dead. Divinity OS 2 sold really really well. Obsidian went the wrong route with their 2d art I think. 

22 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

That sucks. I enjoyed Pillars and I really enjoyed Tyranny which I finished right before I finished Prey earlier this year. In fact, I like Tyranny better than any of the isometrics I've played recently. I think the ending was cool.

I bought Deadfire for $30 on a sale recently and intend to play it. Obsidian selling to Microsoft makes a lot of sense. 

What's odd is we see that isometric RPGs are not dead. Divinity OS 2 sold really really well. Obsidian went the wrong route with their 2d art I think. 

Tyranny had a really awesome world. I liked how a lot of the evil players weren't really evil. They were very human conquerors in a fucked up harsh world. That's how I tended to play my character too.

I really liked their engine in PoE II. It was still rough in some places, but it felt like they were finding a good spot that blended art with CG. Lack of camera control was the biggest issue though.

9 minutes ago, legend said:

Tyranny had a really awesome world. I liked how a lot of the evil players weren't really evil. They were very human conquerors in a fucked up harsh world. That's how I tended to play my character too.

I really liked their engine in PoE II. It was still rough in some places, but it felt like they were finding a good spot that blended art with CG. Lack of camera control was the biggest issue though.

I look forward to playing it some time after I finish D:OS 2. For whatever reason, Obsidian's rpgs just were not selling.