Had a pretty shitty day (rant)

Fizzzzle

So I woke up to my girlfriend telling me she doesn't know if we should keep seeing each other. We had a short conversation while I was still in bed, she says "okay, we'll talk later," then we said bye. I ordered a new phone which came in the mail today, and while transferring my sim card from my old phone to the new one, I dropped it on the ground. Apparently it bounced into the fucking netherrealm, because I looked for that fucking thing for like 3 hours and never found it. At some point I sent my girlfriend an e-mail (the only way I know to get in touch with her, neither of us are really on social media) explaining what happened, but by this point it was like 4pm so she's probably not checking her e-mail anymore and she never sees it.

At that point, it would have been prudent to go to an AT&T store to remedy the situation - the only problem is I'm not the account holder for my phone, my brother is (reason being he used to work for AT&T so I get grandfathered into an unlimited data plan for $30/month as long as I don't change accounts). So I e-mailed my brother, asking him to give me the account information. He didn't get back to me for like 4 hours, by which point all the AT&T stores are closed.

Meanwhile, this whole time my girlfriend is probably thinking that I'm ignoring her. She's probably very, very pissed right now.

My brother ended up telling me that I'm not an authorized user on the account, so I couldn't have done anything anyway without either him or my dad there. He tried adding me as an authorized user on his end, but the call wait time was like 2 hours so he said 'fuck it.' At that point, I e-mailed my dad, but he goes to bed by like 8pm, so that's a non-starter.

After settling in for a shitty night constantly thinking about what my girlfriend is thinking (either that I'm ignoring her or that something happened to me), I fucked around for a bit until it was time to take the recycling out. I took the recycling out, only to find that I LOCKED MYSELF OUT OF THE HOUSE.

We have a spare key, but it's in a lockbox, the combination to which I keep stored in my phone... my old phone... which is inside the house...

So, I've been just chilling on the porch for the last ~2 hours, waiting for my roommate to get home so I can go back inside (probably not for another ~3 hours)

• Sad 2
  • Hugs 4

Sucks, dude.

You could try to e-mail someone to contact your GF in some fashion and say, some shit like "lost my phone, locked out of house, cum see me in my misery!"

but it's prolly too late or something

• Hugs 1

6 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Sucks, dude.

You could try to e-mail someone to contact your GF in some fashion and say, some shit like "lost my phone, locked out of house, cum see me in my misery!"

but it's prolly too late or something

I don't know who I would have e-mailed to begin with who would have her phone number. It's kind of random that I even know her e-mail.

1 minute ago, Fizzzzle said:

I don't know who I would have e-mailed to begin with who would have her phone number. It's kind of random that I even know her e-mail.

If you know her number (lol actually remembering a phone number these days) you could just tell someone else to text the message along, or just borrow a stranger's phone and call.

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

If you know her number (lol actually remembering a phone number these days) you could just tell someone else to text the message along, or just borrow a stranger's phone and call.

The only phone numbers I know off the top of my head are my brother's and my dad's.

It doesn't sound that bad.

The phone thing is crappy. The girlfriend thing is just fear of the unknown. If she read this story she'd probably be understanding. Sitting outside of the house for 3 hours, at least it's not raining (right?)

9 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It doesn't sound that bad.

The phone thing is crappy. The girlfriend thing is just fear of the unknown. If she read this story she'd probably be understanding. Sitting outside of the house for 3 hours, at least it's not raining (right?)

lol what it sounds like a damn nightmare - hope things got better @Fizzzzle

• Hugs 1